Sr Machine Learning Operations Engineer
New York, NY
Turner Services Inc. seeks Director, Machine Learning for the CNN.com department.
CNN Digital's Director, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence will grow and lead a team of talented machine learning engineers, data scientists and data engineers to develop innovative algorithms, scalable data infrastructure, and personalization and discovery features for CNN. The Director will partner closely with product, engineering, and user research stakeholders across WarnerMedia to identify data, natural language processing and machine learning opportunities, and to ensure delivery of impactful and elegant solutions for the business and our audience.
• Develop innovative data science solutions that utilize machine learning, statistical and quantitative modeling approaches to support product and engineering initiatives.
• Build and lead a world-class team of data, natural language processing and ML scientists and engineers.
• Be a hands-on leader to mentor the team in latest science and machine learning approaches, and to introduce new technologies and processes.
• Work with machine learning engineers to design solution architecture and develop scalable machine learning systems to accelerate learning cycle.
• Identify data science opportunities that deliver business value.
• Develop ML and science roadmap, and educate both internal and external stakeholders at all levels to drive implementation and measurement.
• Manage project priorities and ensure timely delivery.
• Develop and evangelize best practices for scoping, building, validating, deploying, and monitoring ML products.
• Prepare and present ML modeling results and analytical insights that help drive the business to senior leadership.
• 8 + years of work experience in machine learning, data science or natural language processing with a proven track record to drive innovation and business impacts
• 3 + years of managing a team of data scientists or machine learning researchers and engineers
• Strong machine learning, statistical modeling expertise
• Advanced knowledge of SQL and experience with big data platform (AWS, Snowflake, Spark, Google Cloud etc.)
• Proficiency in machine learning platforms (Python, R, TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, MXNet etc.)
• Experience in deploying machine learning algorithms and advanced modeling solutions
• Experience in developing advanced analytics and ML infrastructure and system
• Self-starter and self-motivated with the proven ability to deliver results in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
• Strong communication skills and the ability to explain complex analysis and algorithms to non-technical audience
• Works effectively cross functional teams to build trusted partnership
• Experience with Agile methodologies preferred