Turner Services Inc. seeks an Encoding Specialist for the Content Operations.
This Encoding Coordinator/Specialist is a member of the Media Operations team within Warner Media Technology. This position is responsible for the encoding, tracking, quality control and distribution of file-based content for linear and non-linear services across Warner Media including HBO Max. This individual must be self-motivated with a keen eye for detail and a desire to perform efficiently.
• Analyzes requests and assesses encoding workflow demands. Monitors incoming requests and tracks the source content required to fulfill them through upstream and downstream workflows.
• Monitor transcoding jobs.
• Performs technical quality control screening of completed files as necessary.
• Distributes completed content according to request requirements.
• Interacts with various internal departments for day to day operations including weekly status meetings and systems development projects.
• Maintains all necessary documentation for workgroup operations.
• Assists in recording and processing live and near live feeds for non-linear services.
• Understanding of industry standard video and audio codec including but not limited to: H.264, Windows Media, Flash, AAC, Dolby E, UHD/HDR. Ability to look for and recognize issues with video quality, audio and caption sync.
• Ability to multi-task, troubleshoot, prioritize and manage time wisely.
• Strong Interpersonal skills to include: solid teamwork, and excellent oral and written communication skills
• High degree of proficiency in all Microsoft Office components
• Candidate must be highly motivated with proven problem solving and analytical skills and the ability to drive change. Applicant must be able to function in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment.
• Familiarity with the technology and business aspects of distributing content across all platforms including but not limited to: Aspera, FTP, SFTP
• Minimum two years of relevant experience with transcoding systems such as Vantage and Elemental
• Taking smart risks and creating new opportunities for the business.
• Taking ownership in the results of the work and empowering others for the same through actionable feedback.
• Working in a fashion that drives quick, simple and efficient results and is iterative and flexible with priorities.
• Using effective partnerships across the organization, communicating proactively, and incorporating other viewpoints in the approach to the work.