Associate Producer, Digital Programming
Director, Features & Planning (CNN)
The Director of Features and Planning is part of the Programming team. This role responsible for planning digital's programming schedule of key content, especially news features, special projects, distinctive journalism, or in-depth stories.
• Lead a team of planning editors and producers that solicit, compile, schedules of planned content from content desks
• Directly manages a team; assigns work, provides guidance, and handles people aspects such as recruitment, performance management, development, etc. (100%)
• Collaborates and communicates closely with internal digital, global and television teams to ensure cooperation of scheduling and planning (25% of time)
• Lead and or delegate daily and weekly planning process (10% of time)
• Liaise with Digital Editorial leaders (VP, SVP, EVP level) to improve the content planning process (10% of time)
• 10+ years of editorial and digital experience in a high impact news environment
• 5+ years of management experience
• Ability to work in a fast pace, high pressure environment
• Experience managing newsroom publishing, scheduling, or planning
• Experience selecting and/or designing editorial tools for planning and/or scheduling content
• Experience working with global teams
• Strong execution skills, Excellent creative vision, delegation, and prioritization skills.
• Strong understanding of digital news
• Strong management and leadership skills.
• Strong collaboration and communication skills, and strategic thinking
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6zvv9-44-192-253-106-42 in your application.