Manager, Post Production - Indonesia
Creative Dubbing Manager (APAC)
What Part Will You Play
The Localization manager is responsible for the localization and cultural adaption of WarnerMedia Kids content, providing our audience with an experience that feels local across APAC. This role will manage the localisation (dubbing) of Kids' content on SEA channels, especially for Bahasa Malaysia, Bahasa Indonesia, Thai, Cantonese and other Asian language dubbing, in accordance with company goals, brand quality, and creative standards, and local broadcast regulations.
The responsibilities that this role holds are to define APAC localization strategy, drive language and show launches & their prioritization and appropriate tactics. The incumbent will collaborate with cross-functional teams to define the best creative and linguistic approach for priority content. This role also requires coordination with the localization team in APAC who are responsible for the quality, authenticity and cultural adaption of Kids content experience across APAC languages.
Essential Job Functions
Drive Creative Localization Strategy (30%)
• Define the APAC localization strategy and create the dubbing brief to deliver against overall business objectives for the key priority Kids contents.
• Work closely with the local Dubbing team to influence the language strategy for the WarnerMedia contents.
• Develop linguistic and cultural standards and guidelines, define quality expectations across localized user experience.
• Prepare in-depth dubbing guideline documentation including the development of glossaries, tone, and voice for our localization partners.
• Create best practices documentation to educate internal and external teams on how to best deliver localization materials.
• Advise on the best course of action regarding the localization process and the language strategy including songs dubbing.
Collaboration and Management (20%)
• Establish regular cross International / Regional collaboration on the dubbing of global franchises.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams (Programming, CS, Marketing, PR, Digital, Social etc) to define the best creative and linguistic approach for priority content.
• Oversee celebrity casting of localization to provide maximum PR value and promotional opportunities.
• Coordinate efforts with teams to sync development efforts and localization schedules.
• Collaborate closely with other regions' language managers to collect relevant cultural and linguistic information about Kids content and support the localization effort to bring the content to the local audience.
• Manage QC freelancers for SEA languages to ensure they have a clear understanding of WarnerMedia requirements, and the best practices are in place.
Manage Dubbing Quality (20%)
• Establish high-quality standards and expectations for SEA localization work including dubbing, synopsis, glossary of terms etc.
• Provide dubbing studios with casting notes/advice and approve voice talent for SEA languages.
• Perform SQC/VQC for SEA languages by monitoring the linguistic quality output, providing feedback and context to the translation terms.
• Ensure dubbing fits with brand standards and local broadcast regulations.
Content Compliance & Standards (30%)
• Review and work with the International Compliance team to advise any compliance and brand concerns for the Kids Originals during pre-production.
• Monitor local markets for shifting cultural concerns and standards.
• Provide advice to vendors and internal teams on appropriate actions.
• keep up to date on media industry developments and trends.
• Bachelor's Degree in Languages, TV/Media or Communication preferred.
• 5+ years of creative localization experience in Broadcast Media/TV Production
• Full professional fluency in English.
• Fluency in at least one core Asian language e.g. Bahasa Malaysian.
• Intimate familiarity and strong knowledge of SEA markets, particularly relating to censorship issues.
• Demonstrate success in strategic and creative planning.
• Solid understanding of consumer expectations regarding subtitling and dubbing in Asia markets.
• Strong understanding of the creative processes involved in dubbing from translation to voicing.
• Ability to work effectively cross-functionally and demonstrate leadership.
• A team player with high motivation and ability to build consensus with key stakeholders across a variety of cross-functional teams.
• Ability to effectively communicate to all levels of management and external vendors.
• Asia Pacific TV experience preferred.
• Experience in the Kids sector is beneficial.
• Knowledge of a core Asian language e.g. Bahasa Malaysia, Thai, Bahasa Indonesia.
• A strong passion for TV / Kids content with an interest in keeping up to date on media industry developments and trends
• Good understanding of dubbing workflows and global best practices
• Strong leadership presence and ability to influence
• Results-driven with a proven record of project execution within the project window
• Good communication skills across a varied and international group of people, ability to relate to individuals and groups across all levels of the company, and externally with local market contacts
• Good sense of responsibility, collaborative spirit, and positive attitude
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro1n3p-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.