The Content QC Supervisor will assist the QC Manager with overseeing the technical QC workflows for all Turner linear and global non linear digital platforms including HBO MAX and play a crucial part in making sure our content goes through the supply chain and appears at its final destination for distribution. It is a ''hands on'' working position responsible for helping the manager oversee the team and its workflows, assisting in making day-to-day business decisions and give input on all future projects and strategies for the group. The supervisor will make sure the team maintains a high level of client service, assist manager in sharing new procedures and develop staff so they can be equipped to provide support for all new business initiatives. The Supervisor will help assign work for all team members and assist in training the team with new workflows. Will assist manager in the development and updating of SOPs, SLAs and training materials. Will provide backup support and assistance to the QC team and if needed can assist and preform all tasks and duties within the team. The QC supervisor will also give input on yearly evaluations for all staff.
Staff Supervision/Leadership support/assistance:
• Work closely with QC Manager and Content Services Director with project planning and strategy for the department and help supervise the QC staff in meeting the department's expectations and those of internal and external business partners.
Will assist Manager in providing staff with work assignments
• Will assist Manager with solving technical issues as well as issues regarding the flow of media content through the GMSC cloud digital supply chain.
• Oversee QC staff with regards to the evaluation and quality control of incoming file based media. Help track, prioritize and verify all content to ensure content meets WarnerMedia's Technical Specifications and FCC broadcast legal requirements. This includes video and audio levels, CALM act compliance, audio track and language layout.
• Will become the SME and assist staff in capturing media attribute information ensuring accuracy of all files that are QC'd .Attribute information captured will include segment times, title lengths, length of credits, global language tracks, audio tracks, aspect ratio, audio configuration, captioned/subtitled and captioning language, release year, edit status, and DVS.
• Assist manager with testing files from new distributors and deciding on acceptance or rejection and work with the onboarding team with assisting our new distributors in resolving any issues
• Work on options for use of flawed content received too close to air or release date
• Assist in Training:
• Partner with Manager to assure that new employees to the team are appropriately trained on team procedures and practices as well as all employees are updated on new workflow changes
• Must be knowledgeable and able to work with any editing software, especially Adobe Premiere. Must be able to read all digital scopes (vector, waveform monitor etc.) and be proficient in working with all file formats.
• Knowledge of Warnermedia technical specs
• Knowledge of WarnerMedia's Global Media Supply Chain including SDVI, and all MSC application. Will be able to use these tools to QC as well as trouble shoot any issues.
Subject Matter Expertise:
• Serves as the Subject Matter Expert in the areas of the QC processes both linear and non linear platforms and any other new initiatives.
• Will interact with vendors/distributors on digital test files and provide findings.
• The Supervisor will act as a resource for the staff to answer questions and inquires involving day-to-day workflow, and perform these duties if the Manager is on PTO
• Partner with the Manager to facilitate the development, communication, training of new processes and procedures and provide input during yearly evaluations.
• Monitor equipment performance/device failures. Will partner with BEST, WMSS and CMWF Teams to report and assist in the resolution of issues to ensure workflow processes are productive.
• Partner with Manager and Director to prioritize tasks, disseminate information to staff and provide timeline and updates to Project Team, clients and leadership.
Shared Customer Support/On-Call:
• Provides 24x7 on-call service to support the staff and entire client base. After hour requests requires a wide range of customer service support including but not limited to; explanation of content processes, guidance for content research/resolution.
• Provide back-up support (vacation and sick coverage) for multiple functionalities within team. Provide back-up support for QC Manager .
• 5 years experience supervising a staff of 3 to 5 employees in the broadcasting industry
• Experience in file and tape digitizing and transcoding processes and workflows
• 10 years television related experience
• 4 year Degree or experience in Television Production, Library Science
• Experience requiring organization and strict attention to detail with excellent follow-up skills as well as customer relations skills
• Experience involving some form of research and analytical thinking
• Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro and Avid Media composer skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications – Excel Savvy
• College degree or equivalent work experience/training/education
• Extensive knowledge of 4K UHD HDR workflows
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjv44e-54-158-251-104-42 in your application.