Manchester, United Kingdom
TT Games Studios Limited, a division of WB Games Inc., are looking for an IT Director who will be an integral member of the TT leadership team and the WBIE global IT team. This role will manage the IT function and closely collaborate with business process owners to identify, recommend, implement and support technology solutions.
In addition, you will oversee and participate in day-to-day IT infrastructure, game technologies, applications and desktop support operations and work closely with colleagues across the wider WB group.
We are looking for self-motivated candidates, comfortable with taking ownership and providing leadership in a collaborative manner.
• Manage the studio IT team, including recruitment, day to day supervision, development and performance management.
• Supervise and mentor team, conducting annual reviews and regular 1:1s and other activities designed to ensure a smooth workflow and effective communication.
• Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organisation's executives, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent IT activities.
• Work closely with the WBIE Global IT team on projects and strategic initiatives
• Develop and maintain budget for the IT team, as well as IT-related spending within project teams.
• Ensure appropriate systems are in place to maintain a reliable and productive work environment for studio personnel.
• Oversee and work on negotiation and administration of vendor, outsourcer, and consultant contracts and service agreements.
• Work with IT leadership and the studio management team to formulate and deploy long-term strategic plans for enabling efficient technologies and provide the tools needed to support development.
• • Demonstrate relevant IT experience, including time served in a management position.
• Management and leadership experience.
• Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
• Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail.
• Able to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, sometimes geographically disparate collaborative environment.
• Proven experience in IT infrastructure strategic planning and project management.
• Understanding of the game industry technology processes not essential but a plus.
• Bachelor's Degree and/or equivalent work experience required.
• Solid understanding and technical knowledge of current network and PC operating systems, hardware, protocols, and standards.
• Infrastructure knowledge including SANs, firewalls, virtualization
• Good understanding of IT concepts such as Cloud Computing and Business Process Automation.
• Experience with ITIL or similar.
• Experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management.