We are looking for a talented Mid to Senior level VFX Artist, to help us create photo realistic particle effects for a high-profile action-packed AAA title. This position requires high-level artistic sensibilities and strong technical skills. The candidate must be passionate about making great games, be a strong problem-solver and an effective communicator. This is currently a remote, long-term temporary position, and please note an art test may be required.
What you'll be doing:
• Creating photo-real particle systems for game environments and scripted moments. You will work closely with Art leads, Lighting, Design, and Production to bring levels and features to life.
• Design and simulate realistic fire, smoke, explosions, debris, clouds, etc. that meet all technical and aesthetic standards for the project.
• You will also create real-time particle effects for the destruction of buildings, vehicles, natural environments, and everything in between using our proprietary toolset.
• Set dressing levels with ambient atmospheric effects that produce stunning photo realistic game moments.
• Create textures to use in the particle effects using various 2D and 3D applications.
• Creating destructible assets and coinciding particle systems.
• Performing rigid body and soft body simulations.
• Ensure industry leading quality and artistic fidelity.
The skills/experience you'll need:
• Must have a minimum of 2-5 years experience in AAA game development with ideally 1-3 titles shipped.
• Experience with simulation and VFX software like FumeFX, Houdini, Maya, Max, etc.
• Strong modeling and animation experience a plus.
• Basic compositing knowledge (After Effects, Nuke, Fusion).
• Understanding of script/programming concepts.
• Demo Reel or website showing previous particle FX work.
• Ability to work collaboratively between different departments.
• Able to work independently, maintaining a ''Team Focus,'' and drive initiatives through to completion.
• Demonstrate a strong eye for timing, weight, realism, color, volume, energy and other particle aesthetics.
• Ability to create all required art assets needed for particle effects and level atmospherics.
• Can follow the style of a particular artist or concept.
• Able to stay within budgets and the understands platform limitations.
• Ability to work on multiple tasks at any given time.
• Strong troubleshooting skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roozpp-44-192-253-106-42 in your application.