Senior Test Engineer
Santa Monica, CA
As a Technical Designer you will be working closely with our Design team, Engineering team, and all other departments to develop systems, tools, and game content. A Technical Designer should be excellent at rapidly prototyping ideas and capable of turning a design specification from paper into a high quality, shippable game system. You should be able to quickly familiarize yourself with an existing script base and be able to harness and improve on it to provide support to other designers and content creators to bring our games to life within a collaborative environment. A successful Technical Designer will also have a strong design sense and an ability to create compelling content that millions of fans are going to love.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Use our scripting language to implement robust, performant, and fun game systems.
• Work with other designers and almost all other disciplines to collaborate daily on systems and content.
• Document systems, define best practices, and communicate technical information to the rest of the team.
• Minimum 2 years' professional experience in a Gameplay Engineering, Technical Design, or similar position
• Shipped 1+ game titles
• A passion for games
• Game knowledge and an understanding of the design principles behind games
• Able to collaborate with other engineers and designers
• Ability to work well in a fluid, changing environment as creative challenges evolve
• B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Expertise and passion in one or more of the following areas: AI, Animation, General Gameplay, Tools
• Experience working on networked Cooperative or Competitive Multi-player game experiences
• Understanding of 3D Game Math (e.g. vectors)
• Previously shipped AAA titles
• Experience with our map building tools (Radiant), or our game scripting language (GSC).
• Proficient in C/C++
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.