As a Senior Systems Designer at Treyarch you will collaborate with development teammates from all disciplines to bring progression, monetization, social, and competitive systems to reality. Starting from high-level design direction, you'll work with other Systems Designers and team members to create design documentation and assist prototype, iteration, and execution of a variety of Global Systems features.
Global Systems is responsible for the design and creation of game-wide systems that provide long-term fun and engagement in our games. Most of the systems this team delivers are intertwined across the entire game and support a mix of PVP and PVE experiences that cater to a variety of casual, enthusiast, and competitive audiences.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
As Senior Systems Designer at Treyarch, you will:
• Design progression, monetization, social, and/or competitive systems that delight and engage players for long periods of time.
• Collaborate with an interdisciplinary team to manage features from ideation to execution, providing feedback and guidance through each step of the process.
• Implement assets and data required to support Global Systems features.
• Partner with User Research teams to capture data and feedback that can be used to iterate, improve, and tune owned features.
• Identify opportunities to improve systems design process and workflows and put those improvements into practice with the help of development partners.
• Playtest regularly and provide feedback on global systems features and other components of our games.
The skills and experience we're looking for:
• Professional experience designing progression, monetization, social, and/or competitive game systems.
• Self-motivated work ethic with a desire to learn, absorb feedback, and tackle a variety of design work.
• Attention to detail and a thoughtful approach to solving design problems.
• Experience in Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel or willingness to adopt and learn these programs for design documentation.
• Positive, supportive, and collaborative approach to working with team members.
• Understanding and consideration of diverse perspectives and experiences.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbo4x6-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.