Treyarch is searching for an exceptional Lighting Artist to join our team. You should have a passion for making games, a technical understanding, and a focus on realistic lighting. Additionally, our ideal candidate would also show examples of lighting they have done for other AAA titles. We will consider both senior and mid-level candidates.
What you'll do…
• Responsible for crafting gameplay and in-game cinematic lighting based on direction from our Art Directors and Lighting Lead.
• Ensure a high level of quality while maintaining a full production load.
• Ensure that lighting assets meet runtime and disk budgeting requirements.
• Anticipate, identify, and report any potential production problems and communicate those to the Lead.
• Work collaboratively with other departments such as Design, Production, Environment Art, VFX, and Tech Art.
• Work in and maintain an efficient organizational structure for all lighting assets.
• Stay current with industry lighting techniques.
• Demonstrating a high level of creativity and independence.
To succeed you should have…
• Experience in lighting environments and characters with an understanding of gameplay implications.
• Understanding of lighting fundamentals.
• Knowledge of color theory and a strong understanding of light and shadow.
• Excellent sense of composition and the ability to improve the mood with lighting.
• Ability to follow design references and achieve realism.
• Experience with PBR & HDR rendering.
• Photoshop experience.
• Must be proactive and work well in a large team environment.
• 5 or more years of proven experience.
We'd love it if you also have…
• Experience with Radiant.
• A basic understanding of game scripting.
• Effective use of Color Grading and Post FX to improve final rendered images.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
PS, we've also got some pretty amazing office perks and benefits, like 20 vacation days and 16 holidays, 10 weeks of family leave, free lunches and snacks at our office, comprehensive healthcare, and more! Check out all the details here for more information: https://hub.activisionblizzard.com/s/us-benefits
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz1w07-3-238-72-122-42 in your application.