We are looking for a talented engineer with a passion for gameplay and a critical eye for game design to join our team in either Santa Monica, CA or Vancouver, BC. As a Senior Gameplay Engineer, you will be working closely with our Design team to bring innovative game features to life.
A Gameplay Engineer should be excellent at rapidly prototyping ideas and is capable of quickly turning a design specification from paper into a usable game system for further iteration. A successful Senior Gameplay Engineer will have an ''eye'' for gameplay and a knack for understanding how to deliver exciting features that millions of fans are going to love. A Senior Gameplay Engineer should be able to get quickly familiarized with existing codebases and be able to write elegant, high performing extensible code that works well within a collaborative environment.
What you'll be doing:
• Implement, debug and optimize major systems in C/C++ and other languages in the context of a large cross platform codebase
• Spearhead development of innovative gameplay experiences
• Contribute to game architecture and technical designs and postmortems
• Perform data and code analysis to identify improvement opportunities
• Provide mentorship to less experienced engineers
• Minimum 5 years of industry experience in a Gameplay Engineering or similar position
• Multiple shipped game titles for Senior level
• Proficiency in C/C++
• Proficiency in scripting language such Python, LUA or similar
• Advanced knowledge of algorithms and data structures
• Advanced optimization skills - code and data
• Advanced debugging skills - comfortable debugging optimized builds in multithreaded and cross platform (networking) context.
• Solid math skills – especially linear algebra and 3D vector math
• Game knowledge and an understanding of the design principles behind games
• Able to collaborate with other engineers as well as non-technical team members
• Ability to work well in a fluid, changing environment as creative challenges evolve
• B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• And most importantly, a passion for making games
• Advanced programming specialty, such as low level network programming, High Level Shader Language (HLSL), SSE assembly, etc
• Expertise and passion in one or more of the following areas: AI, User Interfaces, Animation, General Game-play
• Previously shipped AAA titles
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4ye97-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.