Santa Monica, CA
Job Title:Senior Animator - Treyarch
Senior Animator - Treyarch
Treyarch is looking for a world-class, industry-leading Senior Animator for our future projects. In this role, you will help inspire the team by creating the highest quality animations while pushing the boundaries of gameplay, storytelling, and technology. The ideal candidate is passionate about animation and has a strong understanding of animation principles, body mechanics, Motion Builder, and motion-capture editing techniques.
A successful Senior Animator will bridge animation, engineering, and design to identify potential issues and deploy correct solutions. You must be highly organized and have outstanding communication skills. While working with a Lead Animator, you will champion the animation vision and become an essential pillar of the animation team. Additionally, a Senior Animator will provide relevant input that will influence animation technology development, resources, and tool development.
• With a focus on character performances and gameplay, produce high-quality animations using the tools at your disposal.
• Collaborate with animators, designers, artists, and software engineers to identify and address areas of need or concern.
• Contribute to the development of new techniques and processes involved in the implementation and creation of animations.
• Participate in the planning and directing process of motion capture shoots.
• Identify potential areas of risk, create/execute mitigation plans before issues happen, and keep yourself operating at a high level of productivity.
• 5+ years of experience in the game industry
• 3+ titles shipped as a Senior Animator
• Great understanding of realistic body mechanics as well as animation principles
• Mentorship skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Facial animation experience
• Expert knowledge of Motion Builder
• Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
• Expert knowledge of animation implementation and debugging techniques
• Self-starter and problem solver
• Creature animation experience
• Storyboard skills
• Camera animation skills
• Experience working with outsourcing
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.