We are looking for a talented engineer with a passion for gameplay and a critical eye for game design to join our team in either Los Angeles, CA or Vancouver, BC. As a Gameplay Engineer, you will be working closely with our Design team to bring innovative game features to life.
A Gameplay Engineer should be excellent at rapidly prototyping ideas and be capable of quickly turning a design specification from paper into a usable game system for further iteration. A successful Gameplay Engineer will have an ''eye'' for gameplay and a knack for understanding how to deliver exciting features that millions of fans are going to love. You should be able to get quickly familiarized with existing codebases and be able to write elegant, high performing extensible code that works well within a collaborative environment.
What you'll do…
• Implement, debug and optimize major systems in C/C++ and other languages in the context of a large cross platform codebase
• Spearhead development of innovative gameplay experiences
• Contribute to game architecture and technical designs and postmortems
• Perform data and code analysis to identify improvement opportunities
• Provide mentorship to less experienced engineers
To succeed you should have…
• 3+ years of proven experience in a Gameplay Engineering role or similar position with multiple shipped titles
• Proficiency in C/C++
• Proficiency in scripting language such as Python or Lua
• Advanced knowledge of algorithms and data structures
• Advanced optimization and debugging skills
• Strong math skills – especially linear algebra and 3D vector math
• Game knowledge and an understanding of the design principles behind games
• Able to collaborate with other engineers and non-technical team members, and be able to adapt to a fluid, changing environment as creative challenges constantly evolve
• B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• And most importantly, a passion for making games
We'd love it if you also have…
• Advanced programming specialty, such as low level network programming, High Level Shader Language (HLSL), SSE assembly, etc
• Expertise and passion in one or more of the following areas: AI, User Interfaces, Animation, or General Gameplay
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
PS, we've also got some pretty amazing office perks and benefits, like 20 vacation days and 16 holidays, 10 weeks of family leave, free lunches and snacks at our office, comprehensive healthcare, and more! Check out all the details here for more information: https://hub.activisionblizzard.com/s/us-benefits
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7bpj8-34-204-174-110-42 in your application.