Santa Monica, CA
Treyarch is looking for talented and passionate concept artists (we are open to all levels of experience) who want to work on our current and future projects. Qualified candidates will work alongside a team of world-class concept artists who have worked on one of the most successful videogame franchises of all time.
Our ideal candidate is excited about creating immersive environments and has a good understanding of architecture as well as organic environments. If you are passionate about videogames, concept art, and have a strong portfolio, come join our team! As a Concept Artist, you will work directly with the Art Director, Art leads and Concept Art team to deliver the following:
• Create inspirational artwork to define artistic vision and support game design
• Produce creative designs from initial sketches to final concepts
• Gather and organize reference for the concept team
• Paint over renders and screenshots in Photoshop
• Draw storyboards which will illustrate the movement of FX and FX animations
• Create redline notes for environments, taking game levels to a higher fidelity for the production
• Actively contribute to the growth of the studio
• Strong knowledge of Photoshop.
• Understanding of traditional artistic skills, composition, rendering, anatomy, color theory, perspective, lighting, environment, architectural, character, and graphic design.
• Solid drawing fundamentals, along with traditional painting and rendering techniques.
• Knowledge of 3D programs, Modo, Sketchup, etc.
• Excellent communication, time-management, and organizational skills.
• Ability to observe, research, and analyze a variety of subject matters (i.e., history, architecture, construction, and how things are made)
• Task driven, self-motivated, and proactive.
• Demonstrate a willingness to give and receive feedback, collaborate with others to share techniques, ideas, and contribute to a positive working environment.
How to Apply
To apply, you must complete the online application. Applicants should have strong foundational drawing and painting skills in your portfolio including anatomy, proportions, perspective, rendering light on form, value, composition, storytelling, color, and dynamic sketching. We are looking for portfolios that have a strong focus in realistic environmental concept art and demonstrated proficiency in traditional art skills, digital-painting, and 3D software.
Note: Our team is always interested in speaking with exceptional Concept Artists though please note this is an Evergreen posting with more an eye towards our future needs rather than necessarily being an immediate hire.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.