Treyarch is looking for a world class character artist specializing in creating realistic and lifelike characters and creatures. This will be a Temporary work assignment with guaranteed work for at least 12 months and potential for further work. Our focus will be to create stunning, realistic, and memorable characters that work seamlessly in fast action-60 frames per second game play and non-pre-rendered, real time cinematics - pushing the boundaries of game play, art, storytelling, and technology. Our perfect candidate is passionate about helping us create the best Characters as possible while challenging themselves, their team, and our studio to do anything and everything we can to make the best experience for our fans. This candidate also needs to be a great team player – never putting oneself over the project needs, and the team. Candidate's experience will determine the title, so whether you are in the earlier stages of your career, or a seasoned veteran and leader, we want to hear from you.
What you'll be doing:
• Model, sculpt, and texture high quality and realistic characters and creatures.
• Working with photogrammetry and scans and other high-quality data to assist in making your work as realistic as possible.
• Using your natural talents as an artist to bring personality and mood to our characters.
• Opportunity to learn and contribute toward character design and creation.
The skills and experience you will need and bring:
• Game industry experience in character art.
• Solid experience, knowledge, and ability in modeling, sculpting, UVing, baking, and surfacing pertaining to realistic human anatomy, clothing materials, and hard surface gear.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Good eye for detail, proportion, likeness, and anatomy.
• Great attitude and problem-solving abilities.
• Strong traditional art skills in sketching, drawing, sculpting, and painting.
• Expert knowledge in Maya, Zbrush, Substance, and Photoshop.
• Experience working in various game engines.
Bonus items that will be even more helpful:
• Experience in concept art, using that to pre-visualize final looks.
• Experience in making characters for Feature Film and VFX.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmxwyx-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.