Santa Monica, CA
Treyarch is looking for a Character Art External Coordinator to help us develop our next AAA title. As a coordinator, you will interact directly with some of the best talent in our industry, helping to create the characters seen by fans all over the world. This is an opportunity to learn how characters for some of the biggest titles in games are created.
The ideal candidate should have a background in 3D modeling and texturing, preferably with some amount of character modeling experience, with experience in both high and low polygon techniques, have a passion for creating high quality models, and is extremely organized and has strong communication skills. Experience with 2D concept is a plus as well.
What you will be doing
• You will be hands on with art assets, becoming familiar with Treyarch's pipelines and methods for creating outstanding art, from concept to final game character
• Work directly with the department Lead and Senior Artists as well as the outsourcing manager
• Assist artists in assembling assets needed to send to outsource studios
• Maintain the latest build of the game for testing models, coordinate with Seniors and outsourcing studios for feedback
• Detail oriented and very organized with excellent communication skills
• Education focused on 3D art, degree in art production a big plus
• 1-3 years 3D modeling experience in the game industry a plus
• Interest and experience in character art a big plus.
• Experience with Maya, ZBrush, and Substance Painter a plus
• Shotgun experience a plus
• A positive attitude and ability to work on a multi-discipline team
This is a contingent worker position and will be staffed through Volt, a staffing and workforce management company.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.