Associate Creative Director
Santa Monica, CA
Treyarch is looking for a talented Video Editor with an additional skill set in Motion Graphics to create video assets for internal and external marketing use for our high-profile, action-packed AAA title. This position requires high-level artistic sensibilities focusing on compelling storytelling through editing and a strong technical skillset. The candidate must be familiar with video games in the limitations and work as part of a team and alone. He or she must be a strong technical and creative problem-solver and an effective communicator. This position is an on-site (when it is COVID safe to return to office) temporary assignment for approximately one year.
A successful candidate will have a rich understanding of arranging assets from all departments and integrating them into a seamless visual experience. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter capable of navigating within a large development team to get things done with a strong desire to exceed expectations. It is essential that this candidate can bring fresh ideas to the table without needing to be engaged continuously.
• Work directly for the Art Director and Senior Motion Graphic Artist to determine the best approach to achieve desired visual treatment. This candidate will also need the skill set that allows them to prototype ideas rapidly.
• Work with Senior Motion Graphic Artist to develop external game trailers, social media content, and internal media assets.
• Will play a vital role in the further development of our postproduction pipeline and toolsets.
• Work closely with Lighters, Scripters, Particle fx artists, Tech artists, UI artists, and Graphic engineers to create effects using an in-house toolset to bring the scene to life.
• Able to animating in Adobe After Effects, editing videos in Premiere, and designing vector-based assets in Illustrator
• Work with the Producer to prioritize your schedule and deliver assets that support the development goals of each milestone
• Coordinate with studio stakeholders to maintain a cohesive brand throughout all media
• Export final deliverables following the formats and best practices of each social media platform
• Implement feedback from creative leads and customer groups
• Maintain and promote high standards for project and asset management
• 1+ years' experience working in visual media with a focus on video editing and motion graphics
• Strong portfolio demonstrating a breadth of visual creativity with many examples that focus on photo-realism.
• Additionally, the portfolio should contain a detailed shot breakdown.
• A team player, comfortable wearing many hats within a multidisciplinary group
• Proficiency in standard visual media applications, such as After Effects, Photoshop, and Illustrator
• Knowledge of secondary visual media applications and Cinema 4D
• Have a right eye for storytelling through editing, color grading, and composition
• Ability to adapt to multiple visual styles while maintaining a high visual bar
• Must demonstrate that you have a thorough understanding of the processes involved in a large-project art pipeline
• Creative problem solver with high attention to details across video, graphics, and design
• Good listener, able to give and take constructive criticism
• Ability to have consistent performance while under pressure and meet deadlines with a minimum of supervision, while maintaining a high-quality output
• Ability to work as part of a team as well as alone
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
• Ability to work within constraints and the understanding of game console limitations
• Ability to work collaboratively between different departments to bring video assets to life
• Must be concept-driven and able to come up with multiple concrete ideas, pitch them to a client, absorb feedback, re-pitch to the client, and then see them through production
• Bachelor's Degree or certificate in animation, film, related field, or equivalent motion graphic production experience in games.
• Game industry experience on at least one commercially shipped title as a video editor and or motion graphic artist
• Understanding of script/programming concepts
• Experience working with real-time level editors, animation, lighting, and materials on next-gen consoles
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnkx0o-3-236-231-61-42 in your application.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.