Trailer Park is looking for an energetic, organized and people focused Benefits and Wellness Specialist to join their fun, hardworking team of results-driven, creative and collaborative people!
As an integral member of the Human Resources team, you will own, manage and continue to build our companywide group benefits and well-being program to attract and retain employees; you will provide critical support in the day to day, administration, implementation and strategic direction of the company's health, welfare, retirement plans, and other ancillary programs and perks. You will use existing and create new metrics in order to help shape the strategic direction of the benefit programs. This position will continually investigate new benefit programs, improves existing programs and supervises and monitors benefits administration.
• Partner with the Benefits Broker to analyze, design and administer employee benefits programs, such as medical, dental, life, FSA, transit account, disability insurance and retirement plans
• Designing and implementing companies wellness program including but not limited to group fitness activities, massage therapy, workshops, employee health and productivity programs, wellness fairs and special events; facilitate the management and modification of these programs
• Maintain benefit records by developing improved record keeping systems if needed
• Resolve employee questions and problems by interpreting benefit policies and procedures
• Assist newly hired employees with enrollment, and meet with all employees during open enrollment periods to explain plan changes and options
• Coach employees on benefit options
• Serve as primary contact for plan vendors and third-party administrators
• Responsible for the correct administration of all programs and their performance
• Audit summary plan descriptions for accuracy, manage annual plan audits, recommend changes, manage employee eligibility and payment of invoices
• Reconcile benefit accounts by creating self-bills and approving billing statements
• Support management decision making by analyzing benefit options and predicting future costs
• Manage all employee leave of absence programs and interact with HR colleagues as needed
• Assign and coordinate anti-harassment training for all new hires and track completion. Follow up with employees as needed.
• Oversee company's worker's compensation benefits, cases, costs, etc.
• Provide assistance to employees to complete worker's compensation documents & claims
• Manage, track and review worker's compensation claims
• Create monthly wellness and training newsletters
• Design and distribute materials for benefits orientations, open enrollments and new hires
• Develop, implement and manage employee communications of new and existing programs
• Document and maintain administrative procedures for assigned benefits processes
• Be self-motivated: See it…own it…fix it…drive it…and ask questions as needed along the way
• Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; obtaining qualified options; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions
• Assist with special projects as needed.
• Bachelor's Degree Required (HR Certification a plus)
• 3-5 years' benefits experience including managing processes, people management, data entry
• Experience with strategic management of benefit programs and well-being programs
• Customer interaction, team/matrix leadership, facilitation and communication skills
• Ability to identify and assess issues and create solutions
• Ability to develop metrics, work with teams to capture and track data, analyze and make recommendations based on data
• Ability to analyze & recommend - not just an ability to produce Excel pages for others to analyze
• Ability to be a self-starter and work with ambiguity
• Experience with Compensation and Wage Structure, Benefits Administration, Worker Compensation, Employment Law, and Developing Standards
• Ability to use computers effectively to manage HR data and generate reports from various data systems
• High level of computer expertise, must have the ability to respond and interact with all levels of organizational staff
• Lots of energy and the ability to remain calm under pressure
• Track record of treating obstacles as challenges to overcome
• Effective planning and priority setting. Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• Strong organizational skills and attention to details
• Great customer service skills with friendly demeanor
• Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and reporting skills
• Good critical thinking capabilities
• Effective judgement/decision making skills
• Works collaboratively and proactively on multi-functional teams. Open to feedback
• Consistently communicates using appropriate methods for the situation and audience in a clear, concise and professional manner
• Project management/leadership skills and experience
• Proven analytical skills to compare, evaluate and develop recommendations
• Must be detailed oriented and accurate with data
• Knowledge of benefits contract language
• High-level knowledge of laws, such as; ACA, ADA, COBRA, FMLA, CFRA, PDL and HIPAA
#LI - Hybrid
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g38709-34-204-174-110-42 in your application.