Live Nation Entertainment is the world's leading live entertainment and eCommerce company, comprised of four market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, Front Line Management Group and Live Nation Network.
As the largest producer of live music concerts, Live Nation Concerts operates over 45 venues across the United States. For additional information, visit http://www.livenationentertainment.com/.
WHO ARE YOU?
You are passionate about the environment and have experience in events management and/or operations. You are great at problem solving on the fly, aren't scared to get dirty, and maintain an enthusiastic and positive attitude. You are creative and confident in your ability to spearhead new programs. You are organized and have effective time management skills. You are a strong communicator and are comfortable providing direction, while also being willing to jump in and help whenever necessary.
All employees have a leading role in the service experience of our guests. That's why SAFETY for employees and guests is our first priority. We show CARE around every corner and look to create ENCORE moments of service excellence for everyone. And our commitment to EFFICIENCY, is our way of staying well-organized. So join us! We need these kinds of skills and talents as we Create Once in a Lifetime Experiences for our Fans.
Freedom Mortgage Pavillion is seeking a Venue Sustainability Coordinator to help us take our sustainability programs to the next level. This role will provide both administrative and operational support to drive successful implementation of venue sustainability programs, including but not limited to, developing and executing resource recovery and material circularity programs, promoting educational and engagement campaigns, supporting green artist operations and activations, and creating a strong culture around sustainability. This role will operate under the guidance of Live Nation's national sustainability team but will report directly to the Venue Operations Manager and be part of the venue operations team. This is a seasonal, part-time position from [ENTER DATES HERE] working an average of 30 hours per week. Hours per week will vary depending on show schedule and business needs at the time.
Training & Engagement:
• Participate in pre-season orientation and mid-season meetings with Live Nation's national sustainability team
• Deploy sustainability communication and engagement assets to help lead pre-season venue orientation trainings
• Provide regular updates to entire venue staff to share progress, recognize employees, and identify areas of improvement
• Work closely with all venue departments to integrate sustainability into operations
• Collaborate with the Marketing Lead to regularly share venue sustainability highlights on all social channels
• Collaborate with the Experience Manager to build enthusiasm and participation around venue sustainability efforts
• Other tasks as assigned by the Operations Manager and National Sustainability Team including but not limited to local community and vendor engagement
Resource Recovery & Material Circularity Operations:
• Work with venue leaders to design a comprehensive zero waste plan for your venue with actionable goals, improvement areas, a current map and material flow, and a tracking system for accountability
• Oversee and assist with the material sorting process of all recycling, composting, reuse, and donations materials to increase resource recovery and diversion from landfill
• Analyze existing venue infrastructure, event set up, and waste flows to identify areas for improvement
• Be present on show days (and non-show days as needed) to manage teams, and to ensure compliance and quality control of materials entering the waste stream
• Identify key opportunities and partnerships to expand the material circularity model throughout the season
• Build or maintain connections with local partners and waste haulers to stay up to date on accepted divertible materials and options for resource recovery
• Create a lively and positive atmosphere across front of house and back of house waste operations
Reporting and Data Collection:
• Utilize Microsoft Office (primarily Word, Excel, and Sharepoint), Google Drive, and Box programs to track and report on key program metrics
• Acquire weight tickets and chain of custody receipts by establishing relationships with waste haulers and resource recovery vendors
• Update the mandatory venue data tracking and reporting spreadsheet on a monthly basis
• Document operations and upload photos to shared folders
• Create engaging visual reports throughout the season that can be shared venue-wide
• Complete the post-season venue sustainability survey
• Show days require about 90% of the time spent walking, bending, reaching, stooping, lifting and carrying 50+ lbs. with about 50% of that time spent helping/overseeing the sorting of materials
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• At least 1 year in a leadership position in one of the following: operations/event coordination, Guest Services and communications, event or campus sustainability/zero waste events
• Creative thinker and problem solver
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Acute sense of judgment, tact and diplomacy
• A strong sense of teamwork and ability to execute programs
• Time management and the ability to excel in an unstructured environment
• Passion for driving environmental impact through both hands-on and administrative work
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkn77k-44-200-168-16-42 in your application.