JOB DESCRIPTION – VENUE SUPPORT SPECIALIST
Location: Vancouver, BC, Calgary, AB, or Winnipeg, MB.
Division: Ticketmaster Canada
Line Manager: Manager, Venue Support
Contract Terms: Fixed-term (1 year), Full-time, 37.5 hours per week (Hybrid)
We're fans who help fans everywhere access the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favorite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We're not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else!), we're enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that's pretty amazing. If you're passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want you on our team.
Reporting to the Manager, Venue Support, the role of Venue Support Specialist is to provide venue clients with comprehensive event management and ticketing services. This position acts as the ticketing administrator for a venue or group of venues overseeing all aspects of the event ticketing operation on behalf of the venue. This role must be able to confidently work cross-functionally with a number of different internal teams. Additionally, this role is supported by and works closely with other Ticketmaster teams including Client Development Directors, and other field and remote support groups.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Developing and maintaining excellent client relationships
• Meeting and exceeding contractual client service agreements
• Advise and assist with reporting for the venue and its promoter clients
• Assisting in identifying and communicating venue requirements to ensure a complete solution to their technical and service questions
• Provide exception support and best practice recommendations to clients for all Ticketmaster products
• Ensuring venue and promoters are maximizing the various Ticketmaster products and services
• Communicating with artists management, tour accountants, and other stakeholders while bringing other internal teams/resources in as needed
• Using troubleshooting techniques and tools to identify the root cause of issues
• Resolving issues alongside Customer Service teams for events with problems and/or special circumstances
Event Management & Ticketing Service
• Ensuring technical knowledge is up to date with current and new software/product releases
• Providing initial venue specific information to promoters as required
• Point of contact for coordinating and communicating venue, promoter, and Ticketmaster requirements for event set-up on the TM ticketing platform
• Managing initial and ongoing inventory requirements, special offers, and programs on behalf of the venue and promoter
• Monitor events going on-sale, including pre-sales and new offers
• Assisting with new manifest creation
• Providing onsite event support where needed, to ensure all aspects are operational
• Night of show settlement and reporting as necessary
• Assisting with venue access control including reporting and administration as needed
Our job descriptions evolve with our business needs and priorities. In addition to the description above, your role may include additional duties, responsibilities, projects, and team support as needed.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (or TECHNICAL SKILLS)
• 1-3 years of ticketing and/or box office experience
• Must be available for flexible working hours which could include weekends, evenings, and holidays as indicated by the internal event calendar
• Service oriented, with strong organizational skills
• Go-getter with the ability to work under pressure and with minimal supervision
• Must be detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and juggle competing priorities
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
• A passion for live events and strong desire to assist our clients in creating the ultimate fan experience.
YOU (BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS)
• Business Acumen – You understand and can apply general business concepts, using external networks to understand market situations and industry.
• Winning Teamwork – Collaborating with others in a respectful manner and openly sharing information amongst the team to assist in achieving Ticketmaster goals and objectives. Taking the time to empathize and understand where others are coming from, along with showing recognition and appreciation for the contribution of others.
• Problem Solving and Innovation – Gathering appropriate perspectives and insights and seeking win-win solutions by remaining open to alternative approaches and being proactive in generating new ideas. Ability to maintain a balanced perspective and see all sides of an issue and manage problems in a timely and effective manner. A free and independent thinker, open to new ideas and concepts.
• Organizational Skills – Manages competing priorities of several teams/departments/locations. Tasks and project management orientation (with the ability to hold others accountable).
LIFE AT TICKETMASTER
We are proud to be a part of Live Nation Entertainment, the world's largest live entertainment company.
Our vision at Ticketmaster is to connect people around the world to the live events they love. As the world's largest ticket marketplace and the leading global provider of enterprise tools and services for the live entertainment business, we are uniquely positioned to successfully deliver on that vision.
We do it all with an intense passion for Live and an inspiring and diverse culture driven by accessible leaders, attentive managers, and enthusiastic teams. If you're passionate about live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
Our work is guided by our values:
Reliability - We understand that fans and clients rely on us to power their live event experiences, and we rely on each other to make it happen.
Teamwork - We believe individual achievement pales in comparison to the level of success that can be achieved by a team
Integrity - We are committed to the highest moral and ethical standards on behalf of the countless partners and stakeholders we represent
Belonging - We are committed to building a culture in which all people can be their authentic selves, have an equal voice and opportunities to thrive
Ticketmaster Canada will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and need an accommodation due to a disability, please email email@example.com. Please note this inbox is limited to accommodation requests. Resumes submitted to this inbox will not be considered.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1jkev-44-200-112-172-42 in your application.