Data Analyst, Data Services
WHO ARE WE?
Live Nation Entertainment is the world's leading live entertainment company, comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, and Live Nation Media & Sponsorship. Ticketmaster is the global leader in event ticketing with over 500 million tickets sold annually and more than 12,000 clients worldwide. Live Nation Concerts is the largest provider of live entertainment in the world promoting more than 40,000 shows and 100+ festivals annually for nearly 4,000 artists in over 40 countries. These businesses allow Live Nation Media & Sponsorship to create strategic music marketing programs that connect over 1,000 brands with the 98 million fans that attend Live Nation Entertainment events each year. For additional information, visit www.livenationentertainment.com
WHO ARE YOU?
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Live Nation Entertainment, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on! Successful candidates will demonstrate a track record of legislative achievements, have strong written and oral communication skills, and be able to effectively manage a large team of external lobbyists.
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
• Serve as Live Nation's day-to-day representative for state and local policymakers
• Manage state and local government relations for Live Nation and affiliated companies in assigned states
• Responsible for managing a team of ~10 in-state lobbyists, directing state-by state lobbying strategies-developing and tracking clear deliverables in each state of responsibility
• Report to the Head of State and Local government relations within the public policy organization
• Drive proactive legislative and regulatory efforts on behalf of the company, utilizing in-state coalitions
• Develop relationships with policymakers and key external stakeholders
• Make recommendations for executive engagement, public affairs activities, and campaign contributions (where applicable)
• Maintain strong relationships with key internal stakeholders at Live Nation corporate, Concerts Division, HR, and Ticketmaster
• Testify before state legislative committee on key legislation and prepare executives to do the same
WHAT THIS PERSON WILL BRING: (TECHNICAL SKILLS/COMPETENCIES)
• Experience advocating on behalf of the private sector to policymakers
• Comprehensive understanding of legislative and regulatory process
• Ability to manage external lobbying firms and industry coalitions
• Understanding of the live event and/or ticketing industries is a plus
• Strong writing skills with ability to gather relevant information and communicate effectively internally and externally
• Work collaboratively with key internal stakeholders, include the communications organization and venue managements teams in assigned states
• 5-10 years of experience in state/local government, corporate government relations, and/or associations
• Confidence to take initiative and tackle tough problems
• Comfort with evolving circumstances and a dynamic political landscape
• Innovative and creative thinker
• Ability to thrive in demanding environment, and adapt to evolving needs of leadership
• Strategic, organized, with attention to detail
• Realistic outlook, focused on solution-oriented problem solving
• Nimble workstyle that appreciates feedback from all levels
• Collaborative by nature - team player who is willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
• A knack for diplomacy and the confidence to engage and build consensus with functional leaders at all levels
• Ability to work quickly and effectively under pressure
If the above description sounds like you and fits your background, apply online at www.livenationentertainment.com/careers to join the Live Nation Entertainment team today!
Applicants for employment in the US must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
BENEFITS & PERKS - Our motto is 'Taking Care of Our Own' through 6 pillars of benefits:
• HEALTH: Medical, Dental and Vision benefits for you and your family, including Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
• YOURSELF: Paid time off policy including holidays, sick time and day off for your birthday, free concert tickets
• WEALTH: 401(k) program with company match, Stock Program Reimbursement
• FAMILY: New parent programs & support including caregiver leave and baby bonus, infertility support
• CAREER: Tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment internal growth and development programs & trainings
• OTHERS: Volunteer time off, crowdfunding network
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, Live Nation will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations related to pregnancy in accordance with applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, Live Nation also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should contact a Human Resources Representative to request the opportunity to participate in a timely interactive process. Live Nation will also provide reasonable religious accommodations on a case by case basis.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d22jb5-3-215-79-116-42 in your application.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.