Field IT Support Apprentice
London, United Kingdom
Location: London, UK / Remote
Division: Ticketmaster Tech
Contract Terms: Permanent, Full-Time
THE TEAM: Event Details Page (Merchandising)
A career at Ticketmaster will challenge and engage you. We support the creators and producers of shows and live performances, while connecting more passionate fans to these events. The pace here is fast, the atmosphere is fun and a passion for live events is a common thread that ties us together. As a global and growing business, we can truly offer a world of opportunities to expand your skills and develop your career. Visit any of our offices and you'll find a diverse mix of passionate employees, helping fans around the globe connect with the artists, teams and events they love. It truly is a unique and rewarding environment.
The Event Details Page (EDP) is Ticketmaster ' s core shopping experience. Our mission is to clearly present all available inventory options to fans so they can make an informed purchase. We display interactive seat maps where fans can see up-to-date availability and pricing, as well as understand where in the venue they ' ll be located. Fans come to our page to view an event ' s offers, select inventory for purchase, and ultimately reserve their tickets. EDP is a global product with the flexibility to sell merchandise, tickets, and experiences, and operates at a massive scale, with huge spikes in traffic during onsales.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Collaborate with Product / UX designers to implement new features and augment existing ones
• Write well-designed, efficient code with unit tests and appropriate observability
• Ensure high quality via automation / functional tests, integration tests, and Cucumber BDD
• Work with other systems and software engineers to write specs and document requirements
• Deploy web applications on Kubernetes
• Support operations teams during high demand onsales
• Build resilient, efficient applications that can withstand massive load
• Participate in the architectural design of frontend applications
• Participate in DevOps and manage infrastructure-as-code using Terraform
• Work with other engineers to document requirements and produce functional specifications
• Mentor junior engineers
• Review code written by peers and be able to identify opportunities for improved performance and style
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
• Few years of experience in software engineering
• Experience designing and implementing performant React applications
• Fluency with Agile methodologies
• Strong frontend development skills and expertise in Javscript, HTML, and CSS
• Comfort using React hooks and Redux sagas or thunk
• Comfort with DevOps, Kubernetes, and CI/CD pipeline construction
• Experience working with Service-Oriented Architectures and microservices
• Familiarity with GraphQL and REST API integrations
• Ability to follow reactive design patterns, especially with rx.js
• You can develop fresh ideas that provide solutions to all types of workplace challenges
• You can solve complex technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation
• You are passionate about technology and transformation
• You focus on results and desired outcomes and how best to achieve them
• You are a self-motivated activator, energetic and tenacious
• You lead by example
• You can adjust your approach, language, and level of detail to meet audience needs
• You express your opinions and solicit feedback
• You promote cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and deliverables
• You can debug and diagnose performance issues in real time
• You thrive under high-demand and can iterate quickly
• You can maintain a healthy work-life balance - we develop software at a steady rate
LIFE AT TICKETMASTER
We are proud to be a part of Live Nation Entertainment, the world's largest live entertainment company.
Our vision at Ticketmaster is to connect people around the world to the live events they love. As the world's largest ticket marketplace and the leading global provider of enterprise tools and services for the live entertainment business, we are uniquely positioned to successfully deliver on that vision.
We do it all with an intense passion for Live and an inspiring and diverse culture driven by accessible leaders, attentive managers, and enthusiastic teams. If you're passionate about live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
Our work is guided by our values:
Reliability - We understand that fans and clients rely on us to power their live event experiences, and we rely on each other to make it happen.
Teamwork - We believe individual achievement pales in comparison to the level of success that can be achieved by a team
Integrity - We are committed to the highest moral and ethical standards on behalf of the countless partners and stakeholders we represent
Belonging - We are committed to building a culture in which all people can be their authentic selves, have an equal voice and opportunities to thrive
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn9wk1-3-234-244-105-42 in your application.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.