WHO ARE WE?
Live Nation Entertainment is the world's leading live entertainment company, comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, and Live Nation Media & Sponsorship. Ticketmaster is the global leader in event ticketing with over 500 million tickets sold annually and more than 12,000 clients worldwide. Live Nation Concerts is the largest provider of live entertainment in the world promoting more than 40,000 shows and 100+ festivals annually for nearly 4,000 artists in over 40 countries. These businesses allow Live Nation Media & Sponsorship to create strategic music marketing programs that connect over 1,000 brands with the 98 million fans that attend Live Nation Entertainment events each year. For additional information, visit www.livenationentertainment.com.
WHO ARE YOU?
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Live Nation Entertainment, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
I. Financial Performance of Department(s)
• Aggressively ensure that revenue is generated in accordance to individual sales quota established by DOS and track financials per market segment, per month and per quarter
• Assist DOS in creating annual sales plans for each market segment; Convention, Association, Incentive, Tour &Travel, Social, Local, Corporate; SMERF, DMC, etc.
II. Essential Duties
• Meet and exceed individual sales goals
• Consistently fulfill sales call quotas and required tracking protocol
• Complete understanding of competitive set as well as key points to sell against such venues
• Handle initial phone call and electronic inquiries in a timely manner (within 24 hours)
• Develop a complete, comprehensive targeted list of companies/organizations within assigned categories
• Build, maintain and target client database (from internal and external sources): convention business, tour operators, meeting planners, party planners, corporate, social, concierges, non-profit, fundraisers, DMC's, etc.
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with Convention & Visitors Bureau, professional organizations, local chambers of commerce, local hotels and vendors
• Help to ensure optimal perception of the venue within the community as well as within professional organizations
• Maintain Live Nation Standards for policies and procedures as outlined in the Code of Conduct and Employee Handbook
• With DOS, ensure and monitor that all required reports (SEO's, monthly calendar, contacts made, forecasting, trackers, financial rectification, ROME flashes, initiatives, etc.) are fulfilled and distributed in a timely manner for proper planning
• Maintain accurate event financial records and adhere to required departmental and organizational processes/protocol
• Generation of proposals
• Generation of Special Events Orders
• Contract negotiations
• Generation of contracts
• Post-event correspondence
• Supply requisitions
• Client relations
• Maintain and communicate current event information on talent calendar
• Ensure accurate file maintenance (Caterease and Rome)
• Working knowledge and expertise in use of Caterease, Cendyn, Exact Target, Rome, Hoovers, etc.
• Management of software programs affiliated with the department; Caterease, Cendyn, Exact Target, Rome, Hoovers, etc.
• Understanding of all operational department responsibilities, capabilities and limitations, to smoothly ensure maximum guest satisfaction, event execution and operational communication
• Ensure staffing levels are fulfilled by the Logistics Manager
• Solicit new and existing clients to meet / exceed budgetary sales expectations
• Create internal/external promotional programs and track results
• Fulfill expectations outlined within the strategic monthly sales plan, monthly initiatives, SMART plan, annual goals, competitive analysis and other reports requested / required
• Develop sales strategy for defined market segments, industries & conventions
• Build and maintain client database(s) in Caterease & Exact Target
• Actively solicit business through local civic and business organizations (Convention Bureau, Chamber of Commerce, MPI, HSMAI, ISES, PCMA etc.)
• Assist in development of sales collateral material
• Assist in updating of venue sales website, on-line venue listings and assigned social media applications
• Attends tradeshows, networking events, sales blitzes and other off-site sales efforts at the direction of the Director of Sales
• Geographically determine and participate in marketing the venue to trade shows, both locally and nationally at the Director of Sales direction
WHAT THIS PERSON WILL BRING
• Responsible Alcohol Awareness Training Certification or Equivalent
• Working knowledge of local and regional markets, special event operations, computers (Windows environment, spreadsheet, databases, word processing) and guest relations
• Must have comprehensive knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations and etiquette
• Skilled in interpersonal communications, organizational concepts and financial knowledge
• Ability to delegate, follow up, relate to staff and guests / clients in a positive effective manner
• High school diploma required
• Three to five years sales experience in the hospitality industry; experience in catering sales/social/wedding markets highly preferred
• Tolerance of all cultures, music and art forms
• Bachelor's Degree
• Local market experience and relationships
• Competitive compensation and bonus plans
• Professional career development
• Additional benefits
Physical Work Demands:
• Ability to work in a very fast paced environment with considerable noise and interruptions. Must be able to change activity frequently
• Physical activities include walking, talking, seeing, hearing, pushing, balancing, stooping, crouching, kneeling, handling. Must be able to grasp and hold very small objects
• Ability to walk and stand for long period of time
• Flexible Schedule (days/nights, weekends)
In addition to the performance of essential job functions the Sales Manager will be evaluated on the following qualities:
• Professional Appearance
• Punctuality and Attendance
• Attitude and Teamwork
• Job Skills / Productivity
• Communication (Written and Verbal)
• Adherence to Company Policies
• Working Relationships
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are passionate and committed to our people and go beyond the rhetoric of diversity and inclusion. You will be working in an inclusive environment and be encouraged to bring your whole self to work. We will do all that we can to help you successfully balance your work and homelife. As a growing business we will encourage you to develop your professional and personal aspirations, enjoy new experiences, and learn from the talented people you will be working with. It's talent that matters to us and we encourage applications from people irrespective of their gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status or caring responsibilities.
Live Nation strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1ojem-35-170-64-36-42 in your application.