JOB DESCRIPTION – Pricing Manager
Location: West Hollywood, CA; Chicago, IL; or New York, NY
Division: Ticketmaster Music
Line Manager: Director, Global Pricing Operations
Contract Terms: Full-time/Regular
Ticketmaster Music is a passionate team dedicated to supporting the needs of the world's biggest touring artists and their promoters, agents, and managers. The Global Pricing team is an exciting and burgeoning department within Ticketmaster Music and is focused on generating incremental revenue for artists and ensuring we sell the right ticket, to the right fan, at the right price.
The role of Pricing Manager will be focused on executing dynamic pricing strategy at all stages of the sale cycle for some of the biggest tours in the world. The goal is to meet both artist and client goals, whether that is geared towards yield/revenue management or maximizing ticket sales.
Pricing has never been so important in the concert business as we return to live with unprecedented levels of pent up demand. This is a fantastic opportunity to play an instrumental role in shaping the evolution of pricing in live entertainment
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Manage dynamic pricing at all stages of a tour's sale cycle to achieve client goals (e.g. yield/revenue management, maximizing sales etc.)
• Utilize Ticketmaster's suite of Dynamic Pricing and Analytical tools
• Research historical tour demand and sell-through performance
• Track demand indicators prior to events going onsale to inform pricing decisions
• Pivot pricing quickly after the onsale to react to fluctuating demand and meet sell-through % targets
• Implement split second manual price change decisions
• Interpret and review algorithmic-driven price suggestions
• Present sales numbers, market trends, and provide guidance to clients
• Work with cross-functional groups, including, but not limited to, product, tour execution, marketing, finance, event operations, data teams, etc., to make recommendations to improve tools and processes
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (or TECHNICAL SKILLS)
• Bachelor level degree, preferably in economics, finance, business or mathematics
• 5+ years of work experience, preferably in a ticketing or pricing related role
• Analytical and strategic thinker with strong problem-solving skills
• Highly skilled in Excel and experience manipulating, analysing, and presenting data driven insights
• Experience with data visualization software such as DOMO or Tableau preferable
• Ability to dig into detail, manage complexity and drive decision making
• Have a passion for live entertainment and an understanding of industry dynamics
YOU (BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS)
Rock Solid Reliability – I earn the trust of clients, co-workers and fans; I set clear expectations; I deliver high quality work on time and on task; I take the time to do things right
Winning Teamwork – I collaborate with others; I share information openly; I listen and take time to empathise and understand where others are coming from; I show recognition and appreciation for the contributions of others
Act with Integrity – I am proud of the way I represent myself and the company to others; I act with good intentions; I have direct, honest conversations while creating a safe work environment for open dialogue; I represent information and data accurately and completely
Belonging – We are committed to building a culture in which all people can be their authentic selves, with an equal voice and opportunities to thrive
LIFE AT TICKETMASTER
We are proud to be a part of Live Nation Entertainment, the world's largest live entertainment company.
Our vision at Ticketmaster is to connect people around the world to the live events they love. As the world's largest ticket marketplace and the leading global provider of enterprise tools and services for the live entertainment business, we are uniquely positioned to successfully deliver on that vision.
We do it all with an intense passion for Live and an inspiring and diverse culture driven by accessible leaders, attentive managers, and enthusiastic teams. If you're passionate about live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, Ticketmaster will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations related to pregnancy in accordance with applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, Ticketmaster also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should contact a Human Resources Representative to request the opportunity to participate in a timely interactive process. Ticketmaster will also provide reasonable religious accommodations on a case-by-case basis.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rez8n5-34-239-160-86-42 in your application.