Division: Ticketmaster UK
Line Manager: Payroll Manager
Contract Terms: Permanent, 40 hours per week
The payroll team sits within the finance function and manages the payroll across the UK group.
The Payroll Specialist will be supporting the Payroll Manager with the processing of all Live Nation UK payrolls across the Live Nation Entertainment group, covering approximately 400 salaried and 60 hourly paid employees. Working with the Payroll Manager for Ticketmaster UK, you will both be required to advise the business on all aspects of the payroll cycle and work to improve processes and procedures.
The right candidate will be a technically proficient Payroll Specialist who has with exposure to managing and processing multiple payrolls on a monthly cycle. As the face of payroll, you will be confident, communicative and display clear initiative when dealing with senior managers to resolve issues and challenge process.
Experience of dealing with HMRC and a good understanding of ADP Freedom and Workday would be desired.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Supporting Payroll Manager to ensure employees are paid accurately and on time in line with agreed deadlines.
• To process UK payroll runs from beginning to end in accordance with current legislation, policies and processes, and timelines, while ensuring that an appropriately authorised person approves all payroll transactions
• Collating change data, completing input sheets, and making sure peer checks are carried out
• Ensuring that all payroll related information, including salary increases and deductions are calculated, recorded and processed accurately and promptly in accordance with the relevant legislation / guidelines
• Ensuring that payroll reports are created and distributed to the business and third parties as necessary
• Ensuring all key controls are adhered to as specified in the Payroll Process Guide, and ensuring all supporting payroll documentation is correctly filed at close of each payroll run
• Reporting errors to the Payroll Manager and correcting promptly
• Acting as first point of contact for all employee pay and benefit queries, investigating, resolving or escalating the matters as required in a timely manner.
• Maintaining confidentiality and make sure sensitive files are protected appropriately
• Making ad-hoc payroll payments as required
• Responding professionally to queries from HR Business Partners and employees at all levels, communicating clearly and effectively, and providing high quality advice on payroll-related matters
• Informing stakeholders of the payroll cut-off dates and ensuring payroll deadlines are met
• Maintaining up to date knowledge of Payroll legislation and internal policies
• Assisting the Payroll Manager in all ONS and other 3rd party requests, completing data accurately and on time, ensuring the company's compliance
• Supporting the Payroll Manager with regular audit checks and collating data for any internal or external check
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (or TECHNICAL SKILLS)
• Proven payroll knowledge and an in-depth understanding of relevant HMRC legislation
• Payroll Technician Certificate / CIPP qualification
• Advanced user of Excel application
• Confident user of Word & Microsoft Outlook
• Experience & knowledge in Payroll software for example ADP Freedom
• Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written, with the ability to work independently or as a member of a team
• Invested in promoting a customer care/service-based approach and operate with discretion
• The ability to be pro-active, flexible, and adaptable while problem solving when required
• Ability to prioritise, manage time and work effectively in a fast paced and changing environment
• Strong team player in an environment of professionals
YOU (BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS)
• Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
• The ability to effectively solve problems and instil change to prevent future reoccurrences
• To be flexible in working times to accommodate timetable for payroll cycle
• Eager to continually learn to keep pace with changes in payroll legislation and best practice
• Ability to work accurately with attention to detail
• Analytical with great problem-solving skills
Reliability – We understand that fans and clients rely on us to power their live event experiences, and we rely on each other to make it happen.
Teamwork - We believe individual achievement pales in comparison to the level of success that can be achieved by a team
Integrity – We are committed to the highest moral and ethical standards on behalf of the countless partners and stakeholders we represent
Belonging - We are committed to building a culture in which all people can be their authentic selves, have an equal voice and opportunities to thrive
We're fans who help fans everywhere get in to the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favourite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We're not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we're enriching lives one incredible experience at a time. And we think that's pretty amazing. If you're passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
We have a 'Fan First' mindset, placing customers at the heart of everything we do. Whether working behind the scenes or engaging directly with the 'Fan' you will be part of a culture that supports and enriches the fan experience. Your work, our passion… delivering world class experiences – Fan First.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb7yke-35-171-146-141-42 in your application.