Client Services Representative
Sinclair Broadcast Group
WHO ARE WE?
Live Nation Entertainment is the world's leading live entertainment company, comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, and Live Nation Media & Sponsorship. Ticketmaster is the global leader in event ticketing with over 500 million tickets sold annually and more than 12,000 clients worldwide. Live Nation Concerts is the largest provider of live entertainment in the world promoting more than 40,000 shows and 100+ festivals annually for nearly 4,000 artists in over 40 countries. These businesses allow Live Nation Media & Sponsorship to create strategic music marketing programs that connect over 1,000 brands with the 98 million fans that attend Live Nation Entertainment events each year. For additional information, visit www.livenationentertainment.com.
Live Nation's Concerts Division is where tours are born, artists come to life, and fans get to experience the rush of live music. From our dozens of owned/operated Amphitheaters to our Global Touring team, from Ticketing and Venue Operations to Marketing and Sales... we foster a fun and upbeat work culture with no shortage of opportunities. With perks ranging from free concert tickets to dog-friendly offices, to progressive benefits like student loan reimbursement and adoption/fertility support... it's no wonder we are certified as a Great Place to Work organization and one of People Magazine's ''50 Companies that Care''. We want everyone to feel like they belong and can thrive in our community, so we strive to help you achieve your career and personal goals. Live music is our passion and where we find our common ground. There has never been a better time to join Live Nation.
WHO ARE YOU?
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Live Nation Entertainment, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
Job title and summary that includes overarching responsibilities, as well as location (needs to be specific. If remote, we will need to post to internal boards the same day it is posted externally to be compliant with different state laws.) Try to make summary exciting, as this is the hook to entice potential candidates to continue reading and to apply.
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
I. Essential Duties
• Meet and exceed monthly, quarterly and yearly financial goals
• Proactively solicit new business opportunities by conducting effective sales calls, facilitate meetings and presentations to potential clients, handle special event inquiry calls, negotiate space, assist with client catering needs through local caterer, create event proposals and conduct site inspections.
• Negotiate and close contracts
• Build/generate new leads to increase size of potential client database from cold calls and market prospecting to include, but not limited to conventions, corporations, DMCs, tour operators, meeting planners, associations, SMERF (Social, Military, Educational, Religious and Fraternal) groups, concierges, hotels, organizations (i.e. Chamber of Commerce, Convention Center, Convention & Visitors Bureau, etc.) etc.
• Develop strategic and promotional plan to drive Special Event/Rental sales for the venue/region to reach/exceed annual goal. Plan to include strategic initiatives, competitive analysis, insights on new areas of opportunity, etc.
• Sales generation – maximize revenue while developing long-term relationships with clients (both local and national)
• Monitor changes in the sales / special events industry and develop strategies to improve and adjust to those changes
• Evaluate/identify potential business from new clients for both local market venues as well as Live Nation's portfolio of opportunities
• Seek out and develop relationship with local industries (i.e. corporations, hotels, non-profits, etc)
• Fully integrate into CVB to capitalize on the corporate and convention business that comes to the local market
• Become involved in local and national outside organizations directly related to the hospitality industry (i.e. MPI, PCMA, ISES, HSMAI)
• Attend local trade shows, participate in sales blitzes and other off-site sales efforts
• Responsible for overall financial aspects involved in promoting and selling the venue
• Create and implement required reports on the productivity of sales by establishing revenue goals, enhancing client database, increasing check averages, managing contribution margin and exceeding goals in all categories
• Oversee and coordinate service vendors to fulfill client proposal and event needs
• File management of Caterease (Special Events software system)
• Strategic planning and forecasting
• Oversee all departmental accounting paperwork
• Development, management and fulfillment of the Special Event marketing budget
• Weekly reports to the GM on corporate sales trends, bookings, sales recaps and department productivity
• Submit monthly reports to GM and VP of Sales including, but not limited to: Special Event Revenue Report, Forecast, Revenue Pipeline, Talent Cost, Event Export Reports, Revenue Breakdown and Lost Business
II. Supervision of the Department(s)
• Actively train and develop team on effective sales calls, prospecting and presentations
• Manage Sales Managers and provide strategic direction on how they can reach/exceed their individual goals, both short-term and long-term
• Execute weekly department meetings to keep staff informed, assess/set goals and create strategies for new business development
• Provide a positive and creative team environment within the department(s)
• Oversee daily management of sales team
• Ensure accuracy and delivery of all required reports (SEO's, leads, event calendars, forecasting, sales revenue reports, etc) are distributed in a timely manner for proper planning
• Understand all operational department responsibilities, capabilities and limitations to smoothly ensure maximum guest satisfaction and operational communication
• Serve as an advisor to staff members on logistical arrangements, recommend and monitor new business opportunities, develop professional and personal goals of the staff maximizing productivity and stimulating growth, both internally and externally
• Monitor office procedures to ensure timely returned calls, maintain filing, trace system, lost business and proper etiquette
• Handle all recruiting, hiring, disciplinary and terminations in accordance with all Live Nation policies
• Maintain open communication and handle conflict resolution with staff
• Conduct evaluations of staff, outline goals and monitor progress, maintain action plans, propose/ raise recommendations
• Ensure staff training is complete and satisfactory. Ensure consistent and on-going mentoring for department employees
• Monitor department office procedures
WHAT THIS PERSON WILL BRING
• Minimum of five years sales experience in the hospitality industry
• 3+ years of team leadership experience
• Working knowledge of local and regional markets, restaurant and venue operations, computers (Windows environment, spreadsheet, databases, word processing), guest relations
• Skill in Interpersonal communications, organization, financial knowledge, and team building
• Ability to delegate, follow up, relate to staff, guests and partners in a positive effective manner
• Tolerance of all cultures, music and a
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1obom-3-227-0-150-42 in your application.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.