JOB DESCRIPTION –SENIOR DEVOPS ENGINEER I, SECURE DEVELOPER SERVICES
Location: Quebec CIty CA, London UK, Hollywood US
Line Manager: Secure Developer Services Manager
Contract Terms: Permanent
A career at Ticketmaster will challenge and engage you. We support the creators and producers of shows
and live performances, while connecting more passionate fans to these events. The pace here is fast, the atmosphere is fun and a passion for live events is a common thread that ties us together. As a global and
growing business, we can truly offer a world of opportunities to expand your skills and develop your career.
Visit any of our offices and you'll find a diverse mix of passionate employees, helping fans around the globe
connect with the artists, teams and events they love. It truly is a unique and rewarding environment.
The newly formed Secure Developer Services team has been tasked with supporting, maintaining and building the tools and services that developers would need to work on or secure their applications, our focus has been on what we already have, but now we need to grow our security posture within the organisation.
We are looking for an enthusiastic experienced full stack, DevOps based developer who can instil best practises and rapidly accelerate some of our projects that require software development focus.
This position would focus on a number of large/medium scale projects coming up, such as the rebuilding of PKI, automating manual processes & building GUI/APIs to make the business more agile when it comes to security.
The candidate would be directly involved from POC to production deployment of a set of components that are well tested, fully automated, well designed, highly monitored and customer focused. The candidate would also work with both internal and external stakeholders for definition of done requirements.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Working with the stakeholders on building project plans
• Participate in and contribute to the daily, weekly, sprint cycle team ceremonies
• Assess and size effort associated with work backlog and participate in grooming
• Building front end web applications and putting together scalable backend solutions and implementing APIs
• Working with customer teams on full feedback loop during development process
• Carrying out regular demo's
• Presenting completed work to wider business
• Integrating with internal and external systems for data continuity
• Supporting complex multi region applications/services/servers
• You will also be making sure that all the code you write will be testable
• Support the full system lifecycle for automation and tools including the design, assessment, selection, commissioning, validation and implementation of systems
• Work closely with peers to implement solutions that are scalable, secure and easily maintained
• Work with systems and software engineers to develop and document requirements and functional specifications
• Collaborate and mentor team of engineers for DevOps best practices
• Once the new systems(s) are up and running you will be supporting the roll out
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (or TECHNICAL SKILLS/COMPETENCIES)
• Strong background in both Systems and Software Engineering
• Experience in UI frameworks such as React
• You should have experience in maintaining, automating and optimising services (Secrets Management, Service Discovery)
• Good exposure to designing and building APIs
• Experience implementing the CI/CD and observability toolchain, Yaml & Bash
• Previous experience of public clouds (AWS ,Lambda, API gateway, RDS and Terraform) and private clouds
• Experience delivering large scale software in an enterprise environment
• Secrets management experience, setup and using (Hashicorp Vault, aws secrets manager)
• Strong experience in supporting Linux and Windows servers in an enterprise environment
• Experience with automation tools (Terraform, Chef, Ansible)
YOU (BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS/COMPETENCIES)
• Autonomous and proactive
• Strong attention to detail
• Self motivated, task oriented while creative in solution creating, energetic and tenacious
• Able to work as part of a team as well as independently
• Enjoy working in cross functional and multidisciplinary teams
• Flexible and pragmatic
• Strong organisational skills and time management
• A desire to learn and use a broad range of skills in a highly complex environment
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and resolution skills
• A keen interest in new technologies and open source
• Passionate about automation and tooling
• Create clear, concise and value-driven documentation
LIFE AT TICKETMASTER
We are proud to be a part of Live Nation Entertainment, the world's largest live entertainment company.
Our vision at Ticketmaster is to connect people around the world to the live events they love. As the world's largest ticket marketplace and the leading global provider of enterprise tools and services for the live entertainment business, we are uniquely positioned to successfully deliver on that vision.
We do it all with an intense passion for Live and an inspiring and diverse culture driven by accessible leaders, attentive managers, and enthusiastic teams. If you're passionate about live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
Our work is guided by our values:
Reliability - We understand that fans and clients rely on us to power their live event experiences, and we rely on each other to make it happen.
Teamwork - We believe individual achievement pales in comparison to the level of success that can be achieved by a team
Integrity - We are committed to the highest moral and ethical standards on behalf of the countless partners and stakeholders we represent
Belonging - We are committed to building a culture in which all people can be their authentic selves, have an equal voice and opportunities to thrive
Ticketmaster Canada will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and need an accommodation due to a disability, please email email@example.com. Please note this inbox is limited to accommodation requests. Resumes submitted to this inbox will not be considered.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvvpbn-3-227-251-94-42 in your application.