Live Nation Entertainment is the world's leading live entertainment and an eCommerce company, comprised of four market leaders: Ticketmaster.com, Live Nation Concerts, Front Line Management Group and Live Nation Network. Ticketmaster.com is the global event ticketing leader and one of the world's top five eCommerce sites, with over 26 million monthly unique visitors. Live Nation Concerts produces over 20,000 shows annually for more than 2,000 artists globally. Front Line is the world's top artist management company, representing over 250 artists. These businesses power Live Nation Network, the leading provider of entertainment marketing solutions, enabling 100s of advertisers to tap into the 200 million consumers Live Nation delivers annually through its live events and digital platforms. For additional information, visit www.livenation.com/investors.
WHO ARE YOU?
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Live Nation Entertainment, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
The Core Data Services team is at the center of Data and Analytics initiatives. We are building a modern data platform to support enterprise data needs. Our mission and yours too should you choose to, is to empower and enable our data community of engineers, data scientists, analysts and decision makers to create value.
Our Core Data Services team consists of Platform engineering team, Data Engineering, Data Enablement and Operations teams.
We are building a highly functional, performant modern Data Lake while supporting our current data platforms so the focus is on maximizing functionality, creating value and content/data assets, cost optimizations and usability of the data delivery and services and all this is our measure of our success and defines us The Core Data Services Team!
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer, You!
You! If It Is You & The Role
• You know agile development methodologies and development life cycles
• You know how to translate user stories into technical requirements and in turn into a code and a tangible reliable workflow
• You are curious and enjoy problem solving in the data world using Data Science tools stack
• You understand metadata and help catalog and build as part of the development life cycle
• You are comfortable with big data volumes, velocities and stay your ground when production incidents occur
• You hold a bachelors or masters degree in computer science/data science/mathematics or equivalent engineering discipline
• You love learning, are a self starter
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
• Design, develop, test data pipelines for scale by leveraging our services based framework and help test and contribute features to it
• Partner with our product, engineering, operations and BI teams regularly as part of the development life cycle
• Document your work and help maintain our existing documents using Confluence, Google Docs, Lucid Charts and other such tools stack
• Work with our vendors and data providers
• Tinker, explore use cases for Machine Learning
WHAT THIS PERSON WILL BRING
Key Job Requirements, Skills, Experience & Exposure To:
• Agile development methodologies using the Atlassian suite: Jira, Confluence
• Building Data Lakes, Data Warehouses using the Big data & cloud stack
• Dimensional/star schema data modeling
• Software development expertise in the Data Science field using Python/Spark/Scala/R/Java
• ANSI SQL and Spark SQL
• Work flow automation, orchestration using Airflow, Rundeck, GoAnywhere or the equivalent tools stacks (Databricks, Snowflake, Redshift, Athena/S3, Teradata, Oracle, Google BigQuery, MySQL, Hadoop and related stacks)
• Cloud services from Amazon AWS, Google GCP and Microsoft Azure
• Streaming (Kafka) and batch based data sources
• Diverse data sources and data formats (xml, json, yaml, parquet, avro, delta) and respective use cases
• Using version control systems such as git and CI/CD workflows and practices
• Compliance, privacy related functionality such as CCPA, GDPR, Docker, Kubernetes
• COVID-19 vaccination will be required for this position subject to legally valid exemptions
Note: There are a number of skills listed above, don't worry if you don't check all the boxes around requirements, if you believe you are up for the challenge, please apply!
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, Live Nation will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations related to pregnancy in accordance with applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, Live Nation also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should contact a Human Resources Representative to request the opportunity to participate in a timely interactive process. Live Nation will also provide reasonable religious accommodations on a case by case basis.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rejpj5-52-23-219-12-42 in your application.