Receptionist / Office Assistant
WHO ARE WE?
Live Nation Entertainment is the world's leading live entertainment company, comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, and Live Nation Media & Sponsorship. Ticketmaster is the global leader in event ticketing with over 500 million tickets sold annually and more than 12,000 clients worldwide. Live Nation Concerts is the largest provider of live entertainment in the world promoting more than 40,000 shows and 100+ festivals annually for nearly 4,000 artists in over 40 countries. These businesses allow Live Nation Media & Sponsorship to create strategic music marketing programs that connect over 1,000 brands with the 98 million fans that attend Live Nation Entertainment events each year. For additional information, visit www.livenationentertainment.com.
WHO ARE YOU?
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Live Nation Entertainment, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
Assistant to the General Manager
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
To support the performance and activities of the General Manager. Responsible for ensuring that all incoming phone calls are answered in a professional manner, distribute mail, greet and direct visitors and assist various departments with administrative-support duties as needed.
WHAT THIS PERSON WILL BRING
Handle all projects as directed by GM
Answer all calls that go to the GM line
Coordinate GM schedule, daily calendar of meetings, events, etc.
Liaison between staff and General Manager
Scheduling of Appointments
Coordinate/Arrange Corporate VIP/VIP requests, i.e., ticket requests, seating arrangements and lodging, etc.
Handle all ticket requests for GM review, i.e. V.I.P., Home Office, Employee, etc. Must work closely with Box Office management on all ticket requests to ensure tickets are distributed to the correct parties.
Handle special Artist Hotel requests for talent department
Coordinate/arrange travel for GM and other unit personnel as directed by GM
Organize and maintain GM filing system
Keep books on all venue reports, i.e., Flash, COS, Labor, etc.
Keep copy of all vendors agreements on file
Order all stationery for administrative personnel and business cards for all management personnel.
Coordinates parking validation with local garages
Compare services and rates of select vendors such as FedEx, UPS, Cannon, etc., while working with corporate to guarantee lowest possible rates
Responsible for ordering venue office supplies
Negotiate prices for office supplies and maintain positive relationship with vendors
Liaison with service maintenance companies for all office equipment
Handle all mail service requests for UPS, Federal Express and US Postal Service
May assist with other functions such as data entry and other clerical duties as requested
Works on all donation requests for the venue
Trains new Phone Ambassadors, assists in hiring process
Schedule/update LED marquee
Update outlook shared calendar and weekly managers schedules
Handles phones – password resets, name changes, changes to phone tree, dial by name directory etc.
Coordinates all group ticket sales
Update staffing document on common drive
Coordinates and maintains all marketing material
Issues and tracks employee access passes
Assist Other Employees as needed
Maintain House of Blues safety and sanitation standards
Complete other duties as assigned
• 2+ years of Receptionist experience
• Proficiency with all Microsoft applications
• Ability to work under heavy volume to meet deadlines
• Professional demeanor and work in a fast-paced environment
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Skilled in handling VIP guest relations, phone etiquette, communication skills
• Must have the ability to prioritize, organize, handle multiple tasks
• Ability to provide leadership, engage in positive interaction with staff and guests, prioritize, organize, motivate staff, problem solve, delegate, follow-up, communicate and diffuse possibly volatile situations with tact
• Ability to multi-task daily, be organized, detail oriented, self-driven, forecast issues and handle last minute projects to meet deadlines.
• Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Proficient typing skills required (ability to type 30 wpm)
• High School diploma
• Tolerance of all cultures, music and art forms
• Responsible Alcohol Awareness Training Certification or Equivalent
• College degree
Physical Demands/Working Environment:
• Work environment is fast-paced
• Position requires extended periods of prolonged standing, bending, stooping, and reaching
• Must be able to lift or move up to 25 lbs using proper lifting techniques
• Ability to wear an earpiece for radio communication
BENEFITS & PERKS - Our motto is 'Taking Care of Our Own' through 6 pillars of benefits:
• HEALTH: Medical, Dental and Vision benefits for you and your family, including Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
• YOURSELF: Paid time off policy including holidays, sick time and day off for your birthday, free concert tickets
• WEALTH: 401(k) program
• FAMILY: New parent programs & support including caregiver leave and infertility support
• CAREER: Internal growth and development programs & trainings
• OTHERS: Volunteer time off, crowdfunding network
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are passionate and committed to our people and go beyond the rhetoric of diversity and inclusion. You will be working in an inclusive environment and be encouraged to bring your whole self to work. We will do all that we can to help you successfully balance your work and homelife. As a growing business we will encourage you to develop your professional and personal aspirations, enjoy new experiences, and learn from the talented people you will be working with. It's talent that matters to us and we encourage applications from people irrespective of their gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status or caring responsibilities.
Live Nation strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the California Fair Chance Act and consistent with other similar and / or applicable laws in other
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re8015-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.