New York, NY
The Orchard has an immediate opening for an Associate Director, Strategy & Corporate Development - New York. The ideal candidate will serve as a key member of the Strategy team reporting directly to the EVP, Head of Strategy. In this position you will be a strategic thought partner who will advise and influence decisions which have a real impact on the business. You will help drive growth and be empowered to deliver impactful business analysis across the organization.
What You'll Do:
• Identify, engage and run process on potential M&A, investment opportunities and partnerships
• Understand and stay current on various regional markets and industry trends, the competitive landscape, and internal product development efforts to evaluate business opportunities; analyze financial and non-financial data to draw conclusions and make recommendations to management
• Build consensus amongst cross-functional teams, influence decision-making within senior leaders, and help drive management team decisions
• Own day-to-day work for strategic team including materials preparation, financial planning, senior management presentations and communication to cross functional teams
• Prepare financial models for new signings, acquisitions, and business ventures as required
• Develop and maintain relationships with key internal and external partners, investors, industry experts and within the start-up ecosystem
Who You Are:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
• 5-8 years' of experience working in a strategic capacity in management consulting firms, investment banking, marketing strategy or corporate strategy roles.
• Strong communication skills and a proven track record of communicating a vision and roadmap along with the resourcing needs to achieve it; ability to operate successfully in a cross-functional environment, build relationships, and influence managers
• Ability to build strategic plans and execute against them within quantitative modeling, strategic thinking, and sound business judgment
• Prior experience presenting to executives and senior leadership
• Strong project management skills, including the ability to think end-to-end, manage long-term projects, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and manage teams
What We Give You:
• An opportunity to influence music on a global stage
• A modern, diverse and creative work environment, with offices that include collaboration areas, cafeterias, event spaces, and more
• An investment in your learning & development
• A comprehensive and attractive benefits package including healthcare coverage, life insurance, generous leave policies, 401K + employer matching, Winter recess (Christmas through New Year's), voluntary benefits, industry-leading mental health and fertility coverage, family resources and education financial assistance
Why join us?
The Orchard is a leading music distribution company operating in over 40 markets worldwide. With a comprehensive artist & label services offering including full-service marketing, sync licensing, comprehensive video services, transparent data analysis, advertising, rights management, digital and physical distribution and more, The Orchard empowers creators and businesses to grow and adapt in the dynamic global industry. For further information, visit www.theorchard.com.
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.