The Orchard is a leading music distribution company operating in over 40 markets worldwide – distributing music from independent artists including Ozuna, Skepta, Jorja Smith, John Prine, and Kelsea Ballerini. With cutting edge operations and an unparalleled global team, The Orchard partners with labels of all sizes to make their music and video available across hundreds of digital and physical retailers around the world. At The Orchard, the focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity and creativity.
We are looking for a Coordinator, Rights Management to join our dynamic East Village (NYC) office.
Reporting to the Manager, Rights Management, the full-time Coordinator will perform a variety of tasks pertaining to claiming and monetization on fingerprinting platforms, such as YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, & SoundCloud, while providing high-level, internal support for our label managers to ensure client issues are resolved immediately. As a Coordinator on the Rights Management team, you will:
• Maintain multiple, daily operational tasks to ensure proper management of The Orchard's digital assets and claims on fingerprinting platforms
• Respond to and resolve client issues with speed and accuracy
• Proactively review, update, and audit The Orchard's catalog within content management systems and internal proprietary tools with a high level of detail and efficiency
• Maintain strong knowledge of proprietary platform technology and the processes that pertain to them, with the ability to quickly learn new platforms and processes as needed
• Work closely with team members and management, communicating issues and roadblocks pertaining to department projects and processes
• College degree preferred
• 1-2 years of work experience in data, entertainment, or legal fields
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Google Docs
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; impeccable follow-up and follow-through capabilities
• Well-organized and attentive to detail
• Love of research, an innate sense of curiosity, and the desire to learn
• Discerning eye and ear for audio and visual content
• Basic knowledge of copyright and current popular music landscape
• Comfort in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, and able to manage multiple deadlines simultaneously
• Experience working in a CMS, such as YouTube CMS, SoundCloud Deck, or Facebook Rights Manager
• Specialized knowledge of global independent music or niche genres
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1y290-34-228-52-223-42 in your application.