The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies and content production Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill. We create the extraordinary.
We are seeking an outstanding, talented and experienced Art Director to join the team in Chicago.
Working with talented designers, artists and animators you will be leading the design and direction of the visual output on a diverse range of creative projects for leading brands.
You should have a vast range of experience in design, illustration, motion graphics, animation and compositing on a wide-range of high profile, creative projects.
• Leading a team of designers to create visual stunning and creative content.
• Designing all types of visual concepts, imagery and graphics for creative briefs.
• Supporting the work of Producers, Directors, Creative Directors and other Creative leads in the production of visual documents and moving image content to win pitches and develop projects.
• Attending client meetings from initial pitches and concepts, through to project completion.
• Working closely with other Designers, CG Artists, Compositors and departments to deliver the highest quality visual output.
• Working alongside Production and Management on the scheduling and budgeting of projects.
• Identifying and nurturing current and new talent in the department.
• Exceptional skills in Design, Illustration, Motion Graphics, Animation and Compositing.
• Excellent working knowledge of Cinema 4D, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator.
• Knowledge of Maya, Houdini, Nuke and other VFX production tools is an advantage.
• A superior eye for composition, color and design.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy486p-3-238-72-122-42 in your application.