Mid Artist - DMP
The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies, and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies, and content production. Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world-class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors, and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility, and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin, and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill.
We create the extraordinary.
Senior Riggers should be proficient in all styles of character and creature rigging. Communication is quite efficient and helping the other artists is expected.
• Proficient in Maya and version control software.
• Have an in-depth understanding of rigging systems, understanding the repercussions of requested changes.
• Should be able to run animation tests on the rigs before passing on to the animators.
• Ability to program using Python and MEL.
• Proven years of experience with major character or creature animation projects.
• Eye for detail and continuity.
• Work closely with the CG Supervisor, Rigging, Animation, and Modelling Leads to identify the production's specific rigging needs.
• Ability to perform multiple tasks set priorities and problem solving.
Any of the following is a bonus:
• Knowledge in PySide, API and Git is a plus.
• Experience using Houdini is plus.
• Experience in Unreal Engine is a plus but not required.
• Mentoring / Guiding Junior Artists.