The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies, and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies, and content production. Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world-class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors, and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility, and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin, and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill.
We create the extraordinary.
As a CG Generalist you should be able to achieve a high level of quality with skills in modelling, texturing, shading, lighting and compositing. Often you will be lighting and rendering shots so a keen sense of lighting and a creative eye is valued. In this role you will have a high standard of quality control and be able to composite shots in a basic manner to ensure correct hand off to 2D.
You will have the ability to problem solve, predict where issues may lie in tasks given and proactively seek out solutions that may arise during projects in production.
• Asset creation (modelling, texturing, look dev)
• Lighting (matching real-world scenarios and setting up CG lighting)
• Scene assembly
• Working in coordination with both 3D and 2D VFX artists to ensure high quality standards are maintained at all times.
• Basic compositing to ensure correct hand off to 2D
• Understanding of CG techniques and technologies
• Knowledge of the VFX and associated pipelines
• Proven experience using 3D software in a production environment (Maya - Arnold/Houdini-Arnold desirable)
• Minimum of 5 years' experience in production
• Strong understanding of light, color and composition
• Strong work ethic and positive attitude
• High standard of quality control
• Ability to work as part of a team and take feedback/direction positively
Any of the following is a bonus:
• On set/shoot experience a bonus.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq88vz-18-206-238-77-42 in your application.