Vice Media Group
The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies and content production. Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Amsterdam, Berlin and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill. We create the extraordinary.
Runners at The Mill are given the opportunity to access the industry. In return, you are expected to deliver the highest standard of client service at all times whilst maintaining a clean and tidy working environment for both clients and staff. This opportunity is just as much about career development, as the need to offer first-class client service. We anticipate a Runner will be promoted within the first year of employment, therefore it is vital that a substantial portion of this time is used for self-driven training to aid development towards the desired career path.
As a Runner, The Mill can offer you the following benefits:
• An opportunity to gain industry experience
• Access to equipment for training
• A personal mentor
• A dedicated Manager to help you develop your career
• Early consideration for internal vacancies
• Cleaning & tidying throughout the building
• Re-stocking kitchens, suites and office space accordingly
• Tending to all client needs
• Helping with social events on and off-site
• Reporting issues and stock shortages
• Running ad hoc tasks
Career Development Responsibilities:
• Build relationships throughout the business and specific to your area of interest
• Demonstrate your ambition by actively pursuing regular training opportunities.
• Show your understanding and the competent application of the techniques needed within your chosen career path
• Be a team player, displaying a can-do attitude, be proactive and show initiative, maintain high standards
• Receive positive feedback in support of your progression and independent work
• Develop a knowledge of the business to understand project pipelines, workflow and processes
• Be flexible with shift patterns and be supportive of your peers
• Attend regular internal training sessions and workshops
• Manage and prioritise your time to accommodate your work and training responsibilities
Goal-oriented and focused on a career path; career driven; makes things happen for self; markets self for opportunities; doesn't wait for others to open doors.
Contributes to the overall success of the business and ensures that client's satisfaction is treated as priority.
Works towards having high functional and technical knowledge and the skills to do the job at a high level.
Builds relationships with everyone within the business: up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organisation. Builds rapport as well as constructive and effective relationships; demonstrates diplomacy and tact and handles high-tension situations comfortably.
Independent, Personal Learning
Changes personal and interpersonal behaviour quickly when the need arises; is aware of other's reactions to their performance; seeks feedback; is sensitive to changing personal demands or requirements and makes changes accordingly.
Displays a high level of commitment to not only doing their job but doing it well. Knows all of the ins and outs of services and responsibilities, down to the last detail. Provides clients and fellow colleagues with the most comprehensive and efficient solutions possible.
Presents themselves as someone who has the desire to learn new skills and gain knowledge; both about the department chosen to be promoted into and about the wider industry
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r10n1v-34-229-119-176-42 in your application.
Technicolor is home to the world's premiere portfolio of visual effects brands, services, and creative innovations. With locations that span the globe, and service offerings tailored to the specific creative and storytelling needs of each project, we power premium content. Our diverse family of VFX brands includes: MPC, The Mill, MR. X, Mikros MPC Advertising, and Technicolor VFX. Each studio has their own unique approach to help storytellers create out of this world experiences.