The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies and content production Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill. We create the extraordinary.
The Mill in Los Angeles is looking for a full time Head Receptionist to join our team.
The Receptionist will greet clients and visitors, answer phones and maintain our internal digital guestbook. The Receptionist will also perform a number of other administrative duties such as appointment scheduling, managing conference room calendars, and handling in-office printing needs. Our receptionist must be able to wear many hats and adapt to an ever-changing, fast-paced industry. Needs vary on a daily basis and each day presents new challenges to be dealt with in a positive and productive manner.
• Operate a switchboard to provide professional reception cover at all times
• Welcome and direct all callers/clients in a professional and friendly manner
• Organize who is in and out of the studio on weekly basis
• Notify appropriate staff members of client arrivals
• Communicate and work with Runners to ensure efficient delivery of client services
• Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable at all times
• Take initiative to improve reception procedures
• Channel all internal and external client needs to appropriate department
• Manage meeting room calendar and conference call lines
• Help prepare and/or execute catering orders when needed
• Update online company directory with US employee demographics
• Provide assistance to other departments on clerical projects, as requested
Required skills, knowledge and experience:
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Strong ability to multitask
• Excellent working knowledge of MS Excel, Word and Outlook
• Experience of working with teams and colleagues to achieve team objectives
• Act as a role model and ambassador for the team both internally and externally
• Demonstrate strong problem solving skills, i.e. identify issues, recommend and implement solutions
• Take direction well and communicate guidance effectively throughout team
• Sustain a polite and helpful approach
• Demonstrate own initiative for success
• Previous experience working in a reception or customer service role
• Enthusiastic, bright and positive personality a must
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz5vb2-35-171-146-141-42 in your application.