The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies and content production Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill. We create the extraordinary.
Our global Visual Effects team combines talent with technology, artistry with rigor, the familiar with the fantastic. Our work can be inspiring or invisible, but always unforgettable. From the language of colour to the hand drawn and photo-real, we bring ideas to life through the use of movement, storytelling and timing.
The Realtime Developer will play a key role in helping to grow our Realtime capabilities and efficiencies by creating user facing tools, asset management pipeline integration, and shot tracking integration in a variety of applications like Unreal Engine and Unity. This developer will also work with Artists and Leads, providing technical support on projects. Working closely with the Realtime Supervisor, you will be a crucial part of the team helping to build the pipeline that all Leads and Artists will use on a variety of project types. The Realtime Developer will interface with artists, leads, and developers in the LA office as well as across all of The Mill's global offices.
• Work with a mix of local and remote Team Members to implement user facing tools and process in support of a variety of realtime applications (from Virtual Production to in-engine Asset Preview)
• Share knowledge freely with other team members, and grow with your peers
• Work with Senior and Lead Developers to conform and improve code and tools
• Contribute practical implementation bound to a schedule and roadmap
• 3+ years in a creative industry in a technical role (Film, Episodic, Commercials, AA or AAA games)
• Related STEM Degree, or demonstrable equivalent knowledge of the fundamentals of programming and mathemtics as they apply to your qualifications
• Intermediate level knowledge of C++ with an eye towards efficiency and performance
• Knowledge of at least one DCC API and willingness to learn others as needed
• Strong Knowledge of at least one Game Engine (Unreal preferred, with Blueprints experience)
• Able to work in a multi-cultural, multi-site large organization
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work in a structured development environment (Version Control, Issue tracking, task tracking etc.)
• Python Programming
• Pixar USD, especially custom schemas, asset resolution and pipeline integration
• Epic Unreal, Operation and SDK
• Unity Technology's Unity Game Engine and Editor, operation
• HLSL or GLSL Shader writing
• Maya, Operation and SDK
• Houdini, Operation and HDK
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwn61p-3-236-218-88-42 in your application.