Marketing Writer - Publishing
Los Angeles, CA
The Mill Experience is The Mill's Immersive Experience Studio. We imagine, design and build pinnacle immersive experiences for the world's most ambitious brands.
We are world renowned visual storytellers-master crafters of simulated, elevated and extended realities. For over 30 years we have led the evolution of computer graphics from the linear stories of the screen to real-time fantasies in virtual spaces and incredible interactions in real places, perfecting our interactive craft in step with emerging real-time technologies.
With our global team of world class developers and creative technologists we work across the range of immersive experiences: location-based, augmented, and virtual.
We are looking for a Narrative Director to join our Experience team in the US.
As our Narrative Director, you'll lead the storytelling for our creative team in cutting-edge VR and AR experiences, games, and experiential design for an amazing roster of clients. You'll manage several writers and strategists and will be passionate about bringing out the best in them by being a strong, inspirational team lead, all while remaining highly collaborative and inclusive. The development of your team will be one of your top priorities as you provide support and mentorship, identifying opportunities for growth and providing ongoing performance evaluations.
This is a hybrid role focusing on both creative storytelling as well as the management of other writers. You'll be a ''player-coach,'' as confident managing and advising others as you are writing story scripts, dialogue, jokes, puns, and other copy yourself. One of your key responsibilities will be in creating compelling narratives across multiple platforms ranging from pitch presentations to virtual reality experiences, from games to physical installations.
You'll be a team-player and a people-person, always cool under pressure, as you break new ground with the Experience team in pushing the boundaries of innovative experiences that rarely have familiar road maps. Ideally, you're an assertive, self-starter that speaks up and conveys your professional opinions in a clear, collaborative way. We also hope you're a swell person with a sense of humor.
• Responsible for leading the quality and consistency of storytelling over a variety of platforms.
• Manage and mentor the development of writers and strategists on the Experience team.
• Ideate, advise, manage, and write story concepts, scripts, presentations, and dialogue for experiential projects including physical installations, games, virtual reality, presentations, and more.
• Promote and facilitate a culture of collaboration between the Creative, Tech, Story, and Art departments.
• Find the essence of brands and intellectual property through story research and analysis.
• Ensure the is story authentic to a franchise; on-brand, on-story, and in-theme.
• Consult with or direct voice-over actors delivering dialogue
• Conduct ongoing performance reviews of the team and provide team members with opportunities to grow and thrive creatively.
• Inspire, energize and motivate the team.
• 6+ years experience in a studio environment as a writer or manager
• Confidence and/or experience in managing direct reports
• Comfort in both directing others as well as being a hands-on writer yourself
• Ability to project a cool, calm, and creative demeanor in front of internal and external teams
• In depth understanding of immersive, VR, AR and installations-and the willingness to keep learning
• Strong leadership, decision-making, negotiation, analytical and collaboration skills
• Proven experience leading highly successful immersive/experiential projects
• Exceptional presentation skills with the ability to win a room over, clearly articulate and explain the creative work and your rationale behind it. Evoke excitement and passion with your recommendations!
• Sense of humor, we want the Experience Team here at The Mill to be a great place to work.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz1bj2-3-238-72-122-42 in your application.
Technicolor is home to the world's premiere portfolio of visual effects brands, services, and creative innovations. With locations that span the globe, and service offerings tailored to the specific creative and storytelling needs of each project, we power premium content. Our diverse family of VFX brands includes: MPC, The Mill, MR. X, Mikros MPC Advertising, and Technicolor VFX. Each studio has their own unique approach to help storytellers create out of this world experiences.