The Mill and MPC Advertising have been global leaders in visual effects (VFX) for over 25 years and counting, with established facilities across the globe. We are renowned for adding visual wonder and creative expertise to advertising, game cinematic trailers, virtual production and experiential entertainment. Some of our most famous projects include award-winning advertising campaigns for Channel 4, Sony, Burberry, Xbox, and IKEA, and cinematic game trailers like Bungie's Destiny 2.
The Mill and MPC Advertising are part of Technicolor's premiere portfolio of VFX brands and services, working alongside MPC Film, Mr. X, and Mikros Animation to provide offerings tailored to the specific creative and storytelling needs of each project.
This is a Mid Software Developer role that contributes across the Advertising portfolio by assisting with implementing state of the art for bringing efficiency to artist and production workflows for jobs running concurrently across our global studios.
• Help bring efficiencies to the workflows of artists across multiple jobs and offices
• Work with a mix of local and remote team members to ensure realistic planning, scheduling, and regular deliveries of the results to internal clients
• Work with senior and lead developers to improve and conform tools and workflows to a global roadmap and to emergent show necessities
• Produce documentation and support users in the maintenance phase, and contribute to demonstrations during exploratory phases
• Contribute to the development of new methods and tools aimed at optimizing the quality and speed across areas of expertise within VFX pipeline
• 2 years' experience in a VFX facility (artist floor experience a bonus)
• A love of problem solving with the ability to quickly learn and use various DCC application (Maya/Houdini/Nuke etc.) APIs
• Good knowledge of Python, PySide/PyQt
• Excellent communication skills
• Understanding of how data flows between departments of a VFX studio
• Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a Technical Animation Degree preferred, though equivalent production experience is also considered
• Competency with Linux operating system and developing on this platform. Bonus: Windows development skills
• Experience with Git and databases. Bonus: Confluence and Jira experience
• Highly committed and able to work independently and as a team.
• Positive attitude towards learning.
• Extremely organized with good communication skills and excellent attention to detail.
• Deadline oriented and ability to remain calm in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the dynamic world of visual effects. If you are an ambitious software developer looking for an opportunity to work with cutting edge technology, we look forward to your application.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ropnv3-3-237-29-69-42 in your application.