The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies and content production Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill. We create the extraordinary.
This is an incredible opportunity for an accomplished Marketing professional with experience in digital content creation and community engagement. This hands-on role has a global remit and the successful candidate will need to nurture direct relationships with Mill staff, clients, stakeholders and our wider creative community. The role requires a strategic thinker who has experience of defining, developing and executing online content and PR activities.
The role requires a combination of brand marketing and campaign management skills and will lead the promotion of top-tier Mill projects with clients such as Google, HBO and Nike (and more!). This role will manage and build an engaging thought leadership strategy ensuring The Mill has a presence at the relevant industry platforms, events and awards. The Global Marketing Manager will be responsible for elevating our creative talent online and across social media within our owned-channels including CRM and podcasts. The candidate will work with the Global Head of Digital to ensure Mill+ and Creative Technology projects are well represented in these channels, alongside internal communications and inclusion in client direct CRM activities.
• Manages our reputation and voice relating to Mill Direction, Creative Technology and Direct to Brand projects and talent
• Copywriting and working with designers to produce compelling digital content from case study films to social campaigns
• Liaising with clients on marketing & PR approvals for their projects
• Manage a quarterly thought leadership strategy, identifying and highlighting key talent to promote on owned and external platforms
• Create a plan to ensure our participation in talks, events, industry awards etc. across all relevant creative, advertising and technology platforms throughout the year
• Collaborating with Global Head of Digital on social media strategy and presence
• Collaborating with Global Head of PR on external PR strategy
• Managing award entries, speaker opportunities and event presence
• Reporting back internally to ensure key stakeholders are informed of headlines
• Surfacing key projects from local studios to promote in the wider global plan
• Responsibility for management of annual marketing budget
• Management of Global Marketing Assistant
• Ownership of The Mill & Co global E-zine; publishing strategy, content and cadence
• Identifying relevant work for awards and industry shows
• Quarterly global marketing campaign tent-poles (Gaming, Creativity for Good, Music etc.)
• Awareness of local sales and new business objectives
• 4-5 years of marketing, with experience of managing a junior colleague
• Strong campaign and brand management experience within a creative environment
• Must be digitally literate: social media, analytics, CRM systems, digital marketing, back end CMS management (specific platform training will be provided as necessary)
• Proven experience in delivering high impact marketing content
• Strong oral, writing and presentation skills
• Creatively minded with a point of view on creative work
• Proven organizational and project management skills
• Experience of working within a fast paced, creative environment e.g. publishing, media, entertainment, digital
• A passion for the world of digital creativity is a must