Junior Artist - Lighting
Moving Picture Company
The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies, and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies, and content production. Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world-class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors, and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility, and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin, and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill.
We create the extraordinary.
The lighting artist is responsible for producing photo real or stylized output/passes according to the creative need of element. If you are someone with in-depth knowledge of Maya, rendering and shading techniques, we want to hear from you.
• Eye for detail/photo-realism and precision with strong problem-solving skills.
• Strong artistic ability with good understanding of lighting and shading to grasp the detail and composition of shot.
• Good knowhow of VFX comp and CG pipeline/workflow.
• Excellent in written and verbal communication and should be able to communicate across departments.
Any of the following is a bonus:
• Knowing lighting and Lookdev in Houdini Arnold Mantra.
• Having Texturing capabilities in Substance/Mari .
• Strong understanding of lighting aspects with basic photography background.
• Experience working on international Feature/Commercials form of VFX projects.
• Experience working closely with Comp team/Sup's on look-dev, shading and generating master shots
Any of the following is a great advantage:
• Should be adaptive and able to mold accordingly to the creative need.
• Problem solver, enthusiast towards working within the VFX industry.
• A team player and open to discuss share and propose creative ideas/approaches among teams and leads.