Junior Artist - Asset
The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies, and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies, and content production. Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world-class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors, and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility, and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin, and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill.
We create the extraordinary.
As Digital Matte Painter you will be responsible for creating matte paintings, set extensions or concepts, which are either standalone or integrated into both photo-real and stylised live-action environments.
• Projection and camera tracking skills in 3D software (Maya) or Nuke.
• Experience in Quality cleanup, with set extension exposure.
• Candidates should possess a BFA or equivalent art degree.
• Strong image manipulation and other related skills.
• Strong artistic skills, like perspective, lighting, and coloring.
• Strong visualization skills, with the ability to create quick alternatives/options to get concept/thoughts across.
• Should possess attention to detail and perfection.
Any of the following skills is a bonus:
• Previous experiences in international Advertising business.
• Expertise in 3D skill sets like Modeling, sculpting, texturing.
• Knowledge or expertise in compositing in Nuke.
• Extra exposure in storyboarding or classical animation.
• The ability to understand and follow instructions precisely.
Any of the following is a great advantage:
• Problem solver, enthusiast towards working within the VFX industry.
• A team player and open to discuss, share and propose creative ideas/approaches among teams and leads.
• Should be adaptive and able to mold accordingly to the creative need.
• Effective communication