New York, NY
The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies and content production Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill. We create the extraordinary.
Client services is at the very heart of everything we do, and we are looking for a highly motivated Front of House Manager to join our New York studio, based in the heart of Soho.
• To act as the Front of House Manager for The Mill, and supervise the overall professional greeting of clients and visitors, to the highest standards.
• To manage room reservations ensuring that the bookings team are coordinating all enquiries accurately.
• Ensure the coordination of all Front-of-House operations for clients and team members alike, including the coordination of meeting bookings, answering internal and external phone calls, making reservations, ownership of the client arrival experience, and managing and fulfilling all client requests.
• Recruitment, induction, training and appraisals of wider receptionist team.
• Leading, monitoring, motivating and inspiring the reception team; providing guidance and support.
• Review and improvement of existing standard operating procedures of all front of house operations to ensure a seamless delivery of all hospitality related functions.
• On-going development of skills and knowledge for the reception team.
Day to Day
• Operate a heavy phone system and provide professional reception cover at all times
• Welcome and direct all callers/clients/team members in a professional and friendly manner
• Notify appropriate team members of client arrivals
• Keep up with the fast pace demand of a post-production studio
• Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable at all times
• Suggest new and innovative ways to help improve all reception operating procedures
• Channel all internal and external client needs to the appropriate departments
• Work closely with fellow heads of departments to communicate overall best practices and provide excellent service
• Provide front line security by ensuring all individuals are permitted onsite and immediately report issues to management
• Help prepare and book travel for staff – includes car and accommodation bookings
• Assist with preparation of job worksheets
• Schedule conference rooms and call lines
• Help prepare and/or execute catering orders
• Update online company directory with US employee demographics
• Assist in ordering and setting up of office events
• Help decorate office for in house events
• Provide assistance to other departments on clerical projects, as requested
• Ensure all necessary files, documents, and spreadsheets are properly managed
• Communicate with Engineering regarding any necessary IT related needs and support
• Experience providing above and beyond customer service and possess strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Ability to multi-task and manage expectations and priorities in an efficient manner
• Excellent working knowledge of MS Excel, Word and Outlook
• Experience of working with teams and colleagues to achieve team objectives
• Be a role model and ambassador for the team both internally and externally
• Demonstrate strong problems solving skill, i.e. identify issues, recommend and implement solutions
• Take direction well and communicate guidance effectively throughout team
• Ability to sustain a polite and helpful approach while maintaining a friendly demeanor at all times
• Demonstrate own initiative for success
• Previous experience working in customer service and in a supervisory role preferred
• Enthusiastic, bright and sunny personality a must
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw8bby-3-236-118-225-42 in your application.