The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies and content production Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill. We create the extraordinary.
The Mill New York is looking for a Color Assistant to join the team. A Color Assistant acts as the right hand person to the Colorists and Color Producer. Although an Assistant defaults to the Senior Colorist, the Assistant must also have the confidence and ability to work with clients and to work on jobs without supervision. Assistants are not expected to have their own client base; they are expected to build one by developing and working in tandem with young and upcoming creative talent. Many of these are music videos, which allow a greater experimentation in creative and visual approach.
The Colorists and Assistant Colorists must develop a highly developed sense of color imagery coupled with a strong creative and aesthetic sensibility and an in-depth knowledge of the whole post-production process including current technical specifications of film, video and data formats.
They support the Colorists in communicating ideas to the Director and advise on the effects that can be achieved either in-camera or through the Color process whilst ensuring the final grade remains within the required technical specifications.
• Communicating with the Producer to ensure the correct film, data, video, and the EDL relating to this material is delivered for each job.
• Loading the EDLs, XMLs, and AAFs, importing video data, conforming all the required material as per the prep files.
• Ensuring that the Colorists can work with the specified media.
• Transferring graded renders to hard drives or FTP servers in any format the client requires.
• With reference to the Senior Colorist, the assistant is also responsible for keeping the software up to date and ensuring they are proficient with this and any new hardware.
• Preparation of data and export graded data for the Color Grading suite.
• General assist duties for all Colorists and Producers.
• Color correction on additional shots for completed projects.
• Projects fully prepared in readiness for the Colorists session with clients.
• Successful completion of tasks within the set timeframe and within 100% accuracy.
• Projects assisted by the Color Assistant are delivered on budget and on time.
• The Color Assistant must have an understanding of the principles of film, video and data production.
• Experience as a junior in the post production industry.
• Must be diligent and exhibit good attention to detail.
• Previous experience of MCR operation is required and a knowledge of the principal of post production is expected.
• Photographic interest and experience desirable.
• A very solid understanding of operating systems and codecs is required.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roe103-3-236-98-69-42 in your application.