The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies and content production Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill. We create the extraordinary.
The Mill is a leading global creative production studio. We are world-renowned specialists in content production, visual effects, animation, experience design and virtual technologies. We partner with agencies and brands to produce award-winning creative work for all media channels & platforms.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial Business Development Manager, based in the New York City area. The right candidate will help establish credential presentations and new opportunities for The Mill targeting Internal Agencies at Brands and Marketing teams in various industries including, but not exclusive to Entertainment, Gaming and Technology.
The Business Development Manager will work closely with the Director of Business Development to help execute various business development/sales strategies to create a variety of new opportunities for The Mill.
• Help construct and strategize appropriate brand target lists and prospect new clients not currently working with The Mill.
• Be mentored by experienced Business Development professionals to develop and execute both warm and cold outreach techniques to secure credentials meetings with potential sales targets.
• Work with the Business Development team to evaluate and pursue relevant inbound leads for potential opening meetings.
• Focus on the initial stages of the sales pipeline including target research, initial outreach, formalized follow ups and securing initial meetings and presentations. You will participate in these initial presentations, and will be supported by senior-level Business Development, Creative and Executive Production team members.
• Target new opportunities for The Mill focusing around innovative digital and physical work across the customer lifecycle, including both product/franchise launches and larger brand campaigns.
• Act as a strategic partner who understands our target's brand and business. You should be able to speak with conviction about the target's business and objectives as well as how The Mill's various offerings can help them achieve their business goals. .
• Collaborate with The Mill's larger Business Development team to ensure the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
• Be given outreach metrics to meet on a weekly basis including phone and email outreach, meetings secured and attended. You will be provided with market-leading business and sales intelligence tools to assist your outreach efforts.
• Deliver, as part of the larger Business Development Team, against monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets.
• This role requires someone with at least 2 to 5 years experience in relevant sales/business development roles, ideally in an Agency, Production Company, or Creative Studio setting.
• You should enjoy meeting new people and developing new relationships. Your success metrics will be based upon booking credential presentations, which is the vital first step in a much larger sales cycle.
• This role requires someone who is persistent, disciplined, and not easily deterred. You should be entrepreneurial, strategic, and dedicated to helping open new doors and opportunities for business growth.
• Having an existing set of relevant contacts/targets is a plus but not a requirement.
• This role is focused on outbound sales efforts, so you should be innately proactive and thrive in targeting and prospecting new clients.
• Ideally, you are a scrappy generalist, who understands what is needed to create and produce high-end content and digital/physical experiences at a high pace in today's always-on environment.
• Strong interpersonal skills and collaborative energy.
• You feel confident speaking in front of senior-level Executives and have solid presentation skills given your progress in your career. You will not be expected to present alone, and you will be provided extensive support by existing Mill Business Development and Creative/Production team members.
• You are passionate about big, complex, never-been-done-before creative work, and that passion comes across in various settings when you speak with internal teams, external partners and potential new clients.
• You should be a top-notch networker, someone always looking to meet new people and provide value to them.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d978e7-3-236-212-116-42 in your application.