The Mill is a global creative partner for agencies, production companies and brands, working across all media channels and platforms.
We are trusted specialists in visual effects, creative technologies and content production Our projects include the creation of digital products and virtual experiences, as well as world class visual effects and video production.
We are a vibrant network of talented artists, producers, directors and creative technologists from multinational backgrounds. We nurture innovation, flexibility and diverse ideas across our studios in London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Berlin and Bangalore. We are all united by one single ambition: To create extraordinary and memorable work that captivates and excites audiences.
We are The Mill. We create the extraordinary.
Our global Visual Effects team combines talent with technology, artistry with rigor, the familiar with the fantastic. Our work can be inspiring or invisible, but always unforgettable. From the language of colour to the hand drawn and photo-real, we bring ideas to life through the use of movement, storytelling and timing.
The role of an Associate Producer is to assist with the facilitation of complex visual effects advertising commercial projects through The Mill, starting at the storyboard stage through to the final delivery on diverse media.
In order to deliver the standard of work The Mill has become renowned for, an Associate Producer must have excellent knowledge of current technology and techniques, an in-depth knowledge of the working pipe-line of The Mill, superb communication, team work and organizational skills, a creative eye and an innate understanding of our clients' requirements and the post-production industry as a whole.
The Associate Producer must also work in conjunction with Producers in the day to day running of current jobs and projects. This person will be involved in bringing efficiencies for producers running current jobs ranging from internal systems and processes to client communication, interaction and delivery.
• Attend client meetings at the storyboard stage to advise on current post-production techniques, procedures and plan timings
• Involved in the planning and quoting for all elements of the job i.e. shoot attend, Telecine, 2D, complex 3D requirements i.e. Modeling, texturing lighting of CG creations and character animation, MCR, dubbing and delivery costs in conjunction with Beam, and ensuring the smooth running of the job through the building
• Ability to confidently and effectively act as a liaison between client and Producer
• Possess an acute sense for visual aesthetics and ideas and the ability to manage people and resources effectively
• Assist producer with postings, layoffs, interfacing with client and client needs and quality control
• Prepare shot lists
• Compile reference material and pitch content
• Keep the Mill's history archive and internal show reels up to date
• Maintain client data base
• Assist Producers and the scheduling department with any specific job related issues
• Compile credit list and PR details at job wrap
• Wrangle meetings, sales calls and catalogued minutes of all Production meetings
• Efficient response time to client queries and requests
• Increase communication and productivity within the Production department
• Good working knowledge and relationships with other Mill offices
• Work towards role of Producer by shadowing on when possible
• Working knowledge of the Post Production process and the US advertising industry
• Have a keen understanding of in-house technology
• Flexible working hours
• Attention to detail and a willingness to go the extra mile
• Ability to multitask and change direction depending on the current needs of the situation
• Well organized and able to prioritize tasks
• Resourceful and lateral thinking
• Able to communicate at all levels/across all departments
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g65wvj-18-232-52-135-42 in your application.