WarnerMedia seeks a Manager Business & Legal Affairs for the Legal & Business Affairs department.
• Contract negotiation and drafting of: scripted and unscripted development agreements, acquisition and license agreements, program distribution agreements, MVPD and virtual MVPD license agreements.
• Contract Administration, maintenance of option chart, maintenance of contract status chart and follow up with agents/lawyers.
• Monitoring infringement of and researching intellectual property rights.
• Knowledge of guild and union issues (e.g. SAG/AFTRA).
• General legal issues.
• BA/BS degree required.
• JD required.
• Must have good PC skills.
• Must have basic Windows knowledge.
• Must have excellent verbal and written skills.
• Must have 1-4 years experience in TV Business Affairs, legal, or programming.
• Distinct preference for previous TV experience.
• Strong experience in the drafting of contracts and negotiating.
• Must be a member in good standing of State Bar.
• General office activities: walking, standing, sitting, speaking, lifting, bending, finger manipulation, etc.
• Must be able to communicate effectively and tactfully with managers, affiliates, clients, and other levels of personnel
• Must be able to pay close attention to detail and understand written and oral instructions.
• Must be able to organize and schedule work effectively
• Must be able to work well under time constraints in a fast paced environment.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks
• Must be able to work independently.
• Must be able to work flexible hours, including overtime, if and when necessary
• Computer, printer, possible 10-key adding machine, photocopy machine, fax machine, telephone, etc.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy7y3p-18-204-227-34-42 in your application.