Full Time Job
Minor League Clubhouse Assistant
- Full Time
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Job DescriptionIt's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
JOB SUMMARY: The Minor League Clubhouse Assistant is responsible for maintaining a top-tier facility for the Texas Rangers Spring Training Complex in Surprise, Arizona. This role focuses on managing equipment inventory, issuing baseball-related requests, and coordinating logistics for players and staff who play at our facility. The year-round job includes but is not limited to assisting with all responsibilities below during Spring Training, the Championship Season, Instructional League and any fall and winter camps, as well as with Minor League Rehab.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
• Provide year-round support in the clubhouse for players and staff at the Spring Training Complex in Surprise, Arizona.
• Take pride in the maintenance and upkeep of a best-in-class clubhouse with a focus on cleanliness and efficiency.
• Ensure compliance with the Cleaning and Sanitation Protocols developed in accordance with the Facility Standards and Player Health and Wellness Standards.
• Issue, clean, store and inventory all Rangers player and staff equipment.
• Appropriately fulfill baseball-related requests from Rangers staff and players.
• Anticipate and satisfy the needs of players and staff and the clubhouse space overall.
• Lead fellow clubhouse staff in processes for cleaning and laundry responsibilities throughout the day and after games. This includes cleaning team uniforms, laundry for on-field personnel and towels daily, as well as cleaning and polishing shoes for players, coaches, and managers daily.
• Maintain the umpire room and umpire-related requests.
• Assist with field equipment setup and breakdown (machines, balls, cones and other baseball equipment for practices and games).
• Coordinate and assist with the team's arrival and post-game departure.
• Stock toiletries and paper products in the bathrooms and shower areas.
• Supply the clubhouses with snacks and drinks.
• All other duties as assigned.
• High level of professionalism, respect and decorum for the space, the game, and co-workers
• Strong attention to detail
• A passion for teaching and the ability to build a trusting relationship with players.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. repeatedly.
• Bilingual (Spanish) preferred but not required.
• Ability to work late nights, holidays and weekends.
• Valid driver's license and clean driving record.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy5570-44-200-77-92-42 in your application.