Tennis Channel's Senior Media Manager ensures the proper acquisition, organization, maintenance, and distribution of all of Tennis Channel's production media. This individual works closely with the entire team of media managers. Our senior media manager takes the lead and sets the standard in facilitating the media needs of all departments and third-party vendors of Tennis Channel. These responsibilities include but are not limited to Tennis Channel's regular need for footage to be made available to produce shows, both domestically and internationally, to input the proper metadata on all digital content, to work with loggers to ensure proper metadata is being entered on match feeds, to organize and archive all
of Production's media, to digitize legacy tapes, to fulfilling requests for IP deliveries, as well as other tasks that will arise from time to time.
Tennis Channel offers remote/hybrid options for many roles.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Oversee the management of Tennis Channel's Avid Interplay environment (High and Low resolution) and Masstech Archive. Including archiving, deleting and restoring.
• Ensure all media managers are properly ingesting, cataloging and delivering content for Tennis Channel studio shows, Tennis Channel Digital, Tennis Channel Remote Productions, and third-party collaborators.
• Take the lead in creating and implementing Tennis Channel's move to cloud archiving and new workflows for the network's expansion.
• Oversee and execute the proper movement of Files, ingest, metadata organization, troubleshooting software and hardware issues of transcoding and encoding files.
• Stay current with all file-based technology including camera codecs, wrappers, and encoding workflows.
• Provide expertise/knowledge on best practices, working with engineering on maintaining our Production systems.
• Oversee and execute the delivery of media with/between departments such as, Production, Marketing, Digital, Sales, and Outside Vendors.
• Collaborate with and train other media management staff and multiple ingest personnel to ensure proper workflows are followed and fulfill daily requests and records.
• Troubleshoot Avid Media Composer issues.
• Manage all Avid Projects including Original Programming, Promos, Pregame shows, Matches, teases, and daily requests.
• Manage P2, SD cards, tape stock and hard drives.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Minimum 7 years Media Management experience
• Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred
• A deep understanding and experience with Avid products, including but not limited to: Avid Interplay, Avid Nexus, Avid Media Central UX, Avid Interplay Delivery, Avid Interplay Archive, Avid Media Director, Avid Fastserv, Avid Media Composer
• Experience with cloud workflows and cloud migration
• Experience with large volume ingesting
• Experience working with Vantage Telestream workflows
• Experience with FTP clients such as Aspera, Sony Ci, etc.
• Experience with Masstech archive solutions
• Experience in video tape libraries
• Working knowledge of Adobe CC and Final Cut pro, a plus
• Experience in Sports Production a Plus
• Knowledge of Tennis a plus
Tennis Channel is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
About Tennis Channel
Tennis Channel is a twenty-four-hour television network, online streaming service and national print magazine circulation dedicated to the sport and its unique lifestyle. The tennis-media hub is home to every aspect of the wide-ranging, worldwide tennis community. Tennis Channel is carried nationwide by every one of the top ten pay-TV service providers.
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. Also, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, our own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0n87e-3-236-51-151-42 in your application.