Tennis Channel's Media Management Team operates at the forefront of the broadcast industry, priding itself on its mission to be technically minded and creatively driven. The Media Manager will facilitate the acquisition, organization, maintenance, and distribution of all of Tennis Channel's media. Reporting to the Director of Media and working closely with the entire team of media managers, this position is expected to play a vital role in all the video and audio needs of Tennis Channel's traditional broadcast network, OTT offerings, and third-party collaborations.
To be considered for this amazing opportunity, please include a cover letter which details your experience related to the required skills listed for our Media Manager.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Manage Tennis Channel's Avid Interplay environment (High and Low resolution) and Masstech Archive. Including archiving, deleting, restoring, and managing disk space.
• Ensure all media is properly ingested, cataloged and delivered for Tennis Channel studio shows, Tennis Channel Digital, Tennis Channel Remote Productions, and third-party collaborators. This will include checking the technical and visual quality of the ingested asset, accurate entry of metadata and tracking of material IDs.
• Working in Avid Media Composer to ingest, transcode and consolidate media files.
• Manage File movement, ingest, metadata organization, troubleshooting software and hardware issues, transcoding and encoding files.
• Display technical acumen with file codecs, frame rates, and video resolutions. Stay current with all file-based technology including camera codecs, wrappers, and encoding workflows.
• Provide expertise/knowledge on best practices, working with engineering on maintaining our Production systems.
• Collaborate with other media management staff to ensure proper workflows are followed and fulfill daily requests and records.
• Troubleshoot Avid Media Composer issues and workflow breakdowns as they arise.
• Create and manage all Avid Projects including Original Programming, Promos, Pregame shows, matches, teases, and daily requests.
• Manage hard drive inventory, LTO tape stock, and physical tape library
• Manage Tennis Channel's Cloud based workflows.
• Work a varied schedule including nights and weekends. Occasional overnight shifts when live tennis is in Europe, Asia, and Australia.
Required Experience and Skills:
• Minimum 3 years Media Management experience
• A deep understanding and experience with Avid products, including but not limited to: Avid Interplay, Avid Nexis, Avid Media Central UX, Avid Interplay Archive, Avid Media Director, Avid Fast Serves, Avid Media Composer
• Knowledge of Aspera, Signiant and other file transfer software
• Multi-tasking expert with excellent time management skills
• Ability to follow current TC SOPs, work both independently and as a team
• Experience working with Vantage Telestream workflows and Masstech archive solutions
• Experience in video tape libraries a plus
• Working knowledge of Adobe Premiere and the entire Adobe CC suite is a plus
• Experience in Sports Production and Live production is a plus
• Knowledge of Tennis and Pickleball is a plus
• Availability and wiliness to work a varied schedule including nights, weekends and occasional overnight shifts
Tennis Channel is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
About Tennis Channel
Tennis Channel is the media home to two twenty-four-hour television networks, a subscription streaming service, online magazine and podcasts dedicated to the sport and its unique lifestyle. The tennis-media hub is home to every aspect of the wide-ranging, worldwide tennis community. Tennis Channel is carried nationwide by every one of the top ten pay-TV service providers.
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. Also, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, our own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
The base hourly compensation range for this role is $25.97 to $28.85 per hour. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidates' relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location. Full time positions are eligible for benefits that include participation in a retirement plan, life and disability insurance, health, dental and vision plans, flexible spending accounts, sick leave, vacation time, personal time, parental leave and employee stock purchase plan.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3qqk9-100-26-196-222-42 in your application.